Nissan 300zx 2 seater

  • Thread starter Thread starter OmicroN
  • 18 comments
  • 813 views
Messages
613
Hello, I bought myself a nice 300zx on the game. I upgraded everything except the limited-slip. I got it up to 912hp, what do you think I should set the transmission timing to? I have it set about as low as I can, for the test course.:D

Anyway, thanks if you help out, this isn't going to be a must thing, just tinkering with it. I'm looking to do a lot of drifting.:lol:
 
i would try putting wide all the way up, first all the way up, and second through sixth all the way down
 
Don't expect any good turning from it...;)
 
"Don't expect any good turning"? It has the same Super-HICAS 4-wheel steering system as the Skylines! The bloody things corner like they're on rails (IRL). Okay, so 912hp may be asking a bit much... :D

The Tranny Trick:
Go down to Final gear. Set the ratio full RIGHT (number varies, but it's usually 4.999, 5.499 or 5.999).

Go down to AutoGear. Set the ratio full LEFT. See the gears bunching up? That's lovely.

Go back up to Final Gear and set it to whatever you need. Usually it should be lower than the original value. Now you have the car set so it's gears are as close together as possible. You just alter the Final Gear ratio depending on the track you're on. Ta-daa!
 
Maybe in real life they might have a ton of grip...but they seem a little tail happy on Complex String...
 
yeah my 350hp 300zx is my fav drifter :D

tone that hp down a bit MR!!!!
 
I think the 300ZX looks like a waste of time, but my comment. Im gonna stick with my Z concept (350Z).
 
Originally posted by Gran Turismo7058
I think the 300ZX looks like a waste of time, but my comment. Im gonna stick with my Z concept (350Z).

its good to run in the 80s cup :)
 
I have 2 different 300zx's, I just want the tuning on the high horsepower'd one. I can drift all the way around the test course when I activate my cheats. :lol: I usually get that thing around 30,000 horsepower. :eek: My other 300zx is tuned to around 350 hp, give or take. It's an excellent car in the game and on the street. :p
 
I have about three 300ZX's. One 315?hp one, on 595hp one (same one i used in the 100 laps of Complex String) and one 950hp one. Love the sound of it too. (stock muffler)
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Maybe in real life they might have a ton of grip...but they seem a little tail happy on Complex String...

mmmmmmmmmm.........i love tail happy
 
Next upgrade for your 300zx should be a nice audio system. The Bose system in them were really complex and crappy after a few years. I tried taking my friend's apart yesterday, and after some yelling at the million screws and body panels, we decided to give up until he actually had speakers to put in it.

my two cents

np
 
IMO audio systems is a money drain, when you could spend it on performance, i took out my stereo completely
 
A) Having music to listen to would be much more important to me than having a slightly faster car and B) when you actually have to drive your car for purposes other than racing it's kinda silly to completely take out the stereo especially if you haven't first taken everything else out that could possibly weigh down your vehicle, for instance, any creature comforts.
 
A)i dont use that car for every day driving
B) when i do use the car, it pisses me of when my passenger fiddles around with it, im not to bothered about the weight
 
Originally posted by Mustang-man
I have about three 300ZX's. One 315?hp one, on 595hp one (same one i used in the 100 laps of Complex String) and one 950hp one. Love the sound of it too. (stock muffler)
yeah it sweet sounding hey! :)
 
Back