Nissan 350Z or Infiniti G35?

  • Thread starter Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 23 comments
  • 5,399 views

OZZYGT

Premium
Messages
3,766
United States
NYC
Messages
OZZYGT
I'm almost done with the game and I would like to know what you guys think about the G35 compared with the Z, I'm a big fan of the 350Z and I have almost all the Z versions in GT4, but some people that I know, that work either on shops or have been in the car bussiness, tell me that the G35 is a faster car than the Z...

I look at the game and I can see that the Z33 stock model has 283 HP and I can tell you that That is slightly wrong, I used to work on a Nissan dealership here in NY, and I know for a fact that the car has 300 HP (M/T) and the G35 can get up to 298 (M/T also). I haven't had the opportunity to drive the G35, but I fell in looove with the Z when I drove it for the first time...that's why I don't wanna face any possible "true" that the G35 is actually faster than the 350Z...Ohh and forget the 350Z GT edition, that doesn't count. And If the G35 happens to be faster, I will buy it, 'cause I've haven't got one yet.

I know that there are lots of "car nerds" here, and maybe some G35 owners, so that's why I wanted to know your opinion also...Thanks.

Ohhh and as far as style....I still like the Z better :sly:



Ciao....
 
I will always choose Nissan over anything. So i say 350Z, even though the 300ZX TT is waay better. Stock and modded.
 
A G35 is basicallly Nissan....I havn't compared the two, but I am pretty sure the 350Z is faster. You could always just go to arcade mode and test the 2 cars.
 
I know that Infinity is part of Nissan :dunce: , but I'm talking about real life...has anybody got the chance to drive both of them?
 
Mr.OzzyGT
I know that Infinity is part of Nissan :dunce: , but I'm talking about real life...has anybody got the chance to drive both of them?

I was talking to Master Yoda, since he said he would choose a Nissan. I still would think the 350Z is faster, since they have the same power, and the 350Z is lighter.(I think)


BTW, you shouldn't have posted in the GT4 forums, I though you were talking about the game.
 
PERFECT BALANCE
I still would think the 350Z is faster, since they have the same power, and the 350Z is lighter.(I think)


Yeah but even in the game, the 350Z (Z33) has more power than the G35, but I'm glad that you guys think that the Z is faster...it's a relief :)

BTW perfect balance...your signature is madd funny (you know, about the lights) :lol:


Ciao....
 
Why doesn't the 350z GT version count?
 
Thirdeye
Why doesn't the 350z GT version count?

because they made only a certain number of 350Z's GT edition (I think it was whether 160 or 600 something like that), and were released in the UK. You can't get it at your local Nissan dealer...i'm talking about the regular ones that we can actually buy...of course that the GT edition would beat the G35.

Ciao...
 
PERFECT BALANCE
I was talking to Master Yoda, since he said he would choose a Nissan. I still would think the 350Z is faster, since they have the same power, and the 350Z is lighter.(I think)


BTW, you shouldn't have posted in the GT4 forums, I though you were talking about the game.
Um, dude, i know that Infinity is part of Nissan, but everything Nissan that Infinity, the Nissan part is more powerful.
 
Well I love both of these cars and its funny cause I read in the magizine "Banzi" that in japan nismo has a tuner compatition with both of the cars, cause in japan both engines are very popular but the only modifications they do are N/A. They do cut some weight off but rules are to keep the car close to street spec. But I really love both cars but if I had to put money on it, I would go with the Z...
 
Having driven the 350z many times and being the owner of a G35 coupe, I'm probably more qualified than anyone to answer your question. Sport Compact Car rates the 350z 0.2 seconds faster than the G35 coupe from 0-60, and 0.3 seconds faster in the quarter mile. On the slalom, however, the G35 managed to pull 0.93g's while the Z only managed 0.88. That's really, really close, and they are essentially the same car.

Personally, I feel the Z is a little bit lighter on its feet (the G only weights 188 lbs. heavier) through the corners, but I cannot tell any difference in straight line speed. For me, I got the G35 because I love the body lines, the interior is much nicer, and I have a very comfortable back seat with a nice trunk. It's the perfect balance between a sports car and a daily driver. However, if I was doing autocross every weekend I'd probably want a Z...it really comes down to personal preference.

 
the G is the sexiest car on earth after the (baby) aston v8. G35 by a long shot.

now if only someone would mate the V8 from the M45 and a 6 speed manual tranny in the G35 coupe body.
 
Mr.OzzyGT
I look at the game and I can see that the Z33 stock model has 283 HP and I can tell you that That is slightly wrong, I used to work on a Nissan dealership here in NY, and I know for a fact that the car has 300 HP (M/T)

The pre 2006 and Limited edition Z's were 280hp, the 2005 Limited edition sold in Asia, Europe, Australia and I assume New Zealand got the 300hp tune, then for 2006 all 350Z's got the 300hp tune, for the model dates of the 350Z's in GT4 they have about the correct output.

I personally would take the V35/G35 if it was sold in Australia.


neanderthal
now if only someone would mate the V8 from the M45 and a 6 speed manual tranny in the G35 coupe body.

Top secret Japan made a V35 (G35) with a twin turboed Nissan VK45 V8 (4.5L same as M45's V8) with a 6 speed manual.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/130_0505_topsecret/
 
Ima very big fan of top secret. That skyline v35, he used at the audobahn to do his top speed run. I would say he's the engine swap king......to tell u the truth, when I first saw that car it made me look at the G35 in a whole new way.....
 
give me a 350Z please:tup:
 
I think think G35 looks much nicer in its coupe form so I would go for that, but really I want both cars.
 
What would sway me is the rear seats in the G35, as a track car the Z is better, but if I wanted a track day coupe I wouldn't go for either. But for a daily car, I'd take the G35.
 
That piccy of Jordan's G35 doesn't look like it offers a vast amount of rear head room, but it does look as nice, if not more so, as the 350z

We don't get the G35 here in the UK so i can only go on photos i've seen.

It makes an interesting alternative to the obvious 3-series coupe though.
 
Jordan
Having driven the 350z many times and being the owner of a G35 coupe, I'm probably more qualified than anyone to answer your question. Sport Compact Car rates the 350z 0.2 seconds faster than the G35 coupe from 0-60, and 0.3 seconds faster in the quarter mile. On the slalom, however, the G35 managed to pull 0.93g's while the Z only managed 0.88. That's really, really close, and they are essentially the same car.

Personally, I feel the Z is a little bit lighter on its feet (the G only weights 188 lbs. heavier) through the corners, but I cannot tell any difference in straight line speed. For me, I got the G35 because I love the body lines, the interior is much nicer, and I have a very comfortable back seat with a nice trunk. It's the perfect balance between a sports car and a daily driver. However, if I was doing autocross every weekend I'd probably want a Z...it really comes down to personal preference.


i've drove both cars too. I think straight line you can't tell the difference at all. However when it comes to corners, i think the 350z is better balanced.
 
The 350Z in a heartbeat. But the G35 coupe is also very sexy and if I had a family I'd get the G35 coupe and I'd stuff those little brats in the backseat and tell them to put thier seatbels on and hang on. :sly:

So...

Family = G35 coupe
No Family = 350Z
In between = 350Z
 
Infinti. It's spelled with an 'i'. Thank you.

I like the Z. But the G35 Coupe is the far better looking of the two. It also has a noticably nicer interior and cool LED brake lights. The back seats aren't good for much, but do alright in a pinch. At least you can get childseats back there which is a plus for us parents.

Dynamically, they are close enough to throw a blanket over. The Z, with the shorter wheelbase is a little lighter on it's feet. But the G35 is no slouch.

Give me the Infiniti.


M
 
Excuse my noobish question but, does the G35 also come with that big strut brace between the rear shock towers?
 
Between the two? Pontiac GTO LS2...

Seriously however, I would probably go with the G35. The performance loss is minimal in the 2005+ models with the power-boost, plus you get 2+2 seating, and a more luxurious interior. You can't go wrong there, esp. if you can find a stripper model without any of the boxes checked...
 
ferrari_chris
Excuse my noobish question but, does the G35 also come with that big strut brace between the rear shock towers?

I don't think so. The G has a conventional trunk and therefore doesn't really require one, where as the Z is technically a hatch.


M
 
Back