Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '13 Spec anomaly?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jbaffoh
  • 28 comments
  • 2,553 views
Messages
1,174
United States
So Cal
Messages
Whisper_Crew
In my garage, I have the Schulze version and the Base Model; both are stock. Both have 609 PP, 1350 kg, 591 HP, and 508.5 ft-lb torque. Using the power limiter at 91.8%, I can bring the HP down to 542, and the PP drops to 598, while torque rises to 509.

Now here's the weird part: The GT Academy car is listed at 509 PP, 1350 KG, 542 HP, and 470.1 ft-lb torque. I went back to the Nissan dealership, and noticed that both of MY cars are listed as having the exact same specs as the GTA car.

Did PD reduce the HP and torque on these cars while leaving weight and PP the same? If so, why are the ones in my garage still at the old specs?

EDIT: To clarify, by "GTA car," I'm referring to the GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN '13 being used in the final round of GTA.
 
Last edited:
I believe it may be part of the "gentleman's agreement" in Japan, the Evo's, GTR's and STi's were not allowed to surpass 276 hp on paper but they were allowed to still make them with more power.

Edit: quote from FITT Evo VS STi Challenge.
Sneaky old Mr Bishi!
I think it has something to do with the gentlemen's agreement thing between the big Asian manufacturers, they all agreed not to make performance cars with more than 276 Bhp. As it turns out they've all been cheating for years and just listing the Bhp as 276 when it may be a lot more (I think Nissan was the biggest offender with the Skyline). Its similar to the Mercedes/BMW 155mph limit, they both claim its there but it really isn't.
 
I believe it may be part of the "gentleman's agreement" in Japan, the Evo's, GTR's and STi's were not allowed to surpass 276 hp on paper but they were allowed to still make them with more power.
Did that apply to race cars?
 
I am not sure but if you buy another race car for any reason, take a note of both in the dealer and garage specs of the cars. I believe that most of the cars do have some discrepancy though, just not as big as this.
 
The reason I noticed this is because people were practicing for the final round in GT3's from the dealership. But hackers supplied information that the GTA car would have 542 HP, so people were using the power limiter to simulate the contest car. Also, there was information that the GTA car would be 1300 kg instead of 1350 kg, so some people were trying to simulate the power/weight ratio. (And now, after re-reading the "Car Info" in the dealership, the weight of these two cars had been reduced to 1300 kg, despite the listed specs at the bottom that say 1350 kg.)

I guess I'll have to sit down and gold the final GTA now so I can see what specs the prize car shows in my garage.

EDIT: More specifically, I'm referring to the GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN '13 being used in the final round of GTA.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Now here's the weird part: The GT Academy car is listed at 509 PP, 1350 KG, 542 HP, and 470.1 ft-lb torque. I went back to the Nissan dealership, and noticed that both of MY cars are listed as having the exact same specs as the GTA car.
A full fledged race car with those specs and it's only 509PP:confused:
 
A full fledged race car with those specs and it's only 509PP:confused:
609. It's a typo.

I believe it may be part of the "gentleman's agreement" in Japan, the Evo's, GTR's and STi's were not allowed to surpass 276 hp on paper but they were allowed to still make them with more power.

Nothing to do with a car built in Britain by JRM.

Overall, probably a little anomaly/glitch. Change to the GT3's you have in your garage and see if they change spec.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Team RJN car isn't to GT3 spec, but Blancpain spec, which is why it's different to the other GTR GT3s.
 
The Team RJN car isn't to GT3 spec, but Blancpain spec, which is why it's different to the other GTR GT3s.
Blancpain is GT3 spec, but it just has a unique BOP system.
 
Haven't run the final academy yet, could you please confirm this : Does the RJN Youtube GTR GT3 has the same default/stock aero values, stock transmission ( grayed out ) and stock suspension ( grayed out ) like in the NISMO GTR GT3 Schulze ? and the actual 609PP 591HP 509 ft-lb are with or without oil change ? Thanks :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN '13 @ SPA

I'm sure these are voice samples as they're located near the Vettel X challenge recordings.

GT_AC2014_2_JUNN_00: Hi there! I'm Jann Mardenborough, the 2011 GT Academy champion.

GT_AC2014_2_JUNN_01: This year, I've taken my first steps towards a career in Formula One by joining the Red Bull Junior Team and competing in the GP3 Series.

GT_AC2014_2_JUNN_02: Unlike the production-line GT-R, the GT-R GT3 you're about to drive is not a 4WD car. Instead it has a rear-wheel drivetrain, as per the FIA GT3 regulations.

GT_AC2014_2_JUNN_03: It has a max. power of 542.5BHP, and a max. torque of 65.0kgf-m! You'll drive carefully, won't you?!

That was just a snippet of the blurb you read when you first load the Round 4 event, this data was found shortly after GT6 was updated to 1.07, the guys that found the data didn't just pluck figures from thin air, or apply hacks, as you seem to think.

To further reinforce that something is amiss here, I just came across this screen grab for the Academy section of this site, posted by ukfan758:

image-jpg.165439


Top right hand corner of the screen, it clearly states that the car is running 542bhp....

The YouTube liveried car feels down on power to me outside of Round 4 of GTA, between turn 1 and Eau Rouge, I was consistently hitting 6th gear without any issues, outside of GTA however, I'm getting no better than 5th, I haven't done an oil change on the car, as I forgot, but at the same time, why would PD run an "oil changed" GT3?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top right hand corner of the screen, it clearly states that the car is running 542bhp....
Now, compare to the GT3 versions in the dealership, they state the same thing but once you own any of them the real specs are higher.
 
To further reinforce that something is amiss here, I just came across this screen grab for the Academy section of this site, posted by ukfan758:

image-jpg.165439


Top right hand corner of the screen, it clearly states that the car is running 542bhp....

The YouTube liveried car feels down on power to me outside of Round 4 of GTA, between turn 1 and Eau Rouge, I was consistently hitting 6th gear without any issues, outside of GTA however, I'm getting no better than 5th, I haven't done an oil change on the car, as I forgot, but at the same time, why would PD run an "oil changed" GT3?
When you tested outside of GTA, were you in an online room, or in arcade or test drive mode?
 
In my garage, I have the Schulze version and the Base Model; both are stock. Both have 609 PP, 1350 kg, 591 HP, and 508.5 ft-lb torque. Using the power limiter at 91.8%, I can bring the HP down to 542, and the PP drops to 598, while torque rises to 509.

Now here's the weird part: The GT Academy car is listed at 509 PP, 1350 KG, 542 HP, and 470.1 ft-lb torque. I went back to the Nissan dealership, and noticed that both of MY cars are listed as having the exact same specs as the GTA car.

Did PD reduce the HP and torque on these cars while leaving weight and PP the same? If so, why are the ones in my garage still at the old specs?

EDIT: To clarify, by "GTA car," I'm referring to the GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN '13 being used in the final round of GTA.

If you go to the dealership and look at the Nissan GT-R NISMO Schulze Motorsport "13 you will see they have the same specs ;)
 
If you go to the dealership and look at the Nissan GT-R NISMO Schulze Motorsport "13 you will see they have the same specs ;)
I think you missed the point of the question. Anyway, it's been answered by the YouTube car which is now sitting in my garage.

Now the more interesting question is posed by Cally-Dave, i.e., is the YouTube car tuned differently in GTA than it is stock? We know the 97T is tuned differently in the Senna challenges than stock. I'll test that later if I have time.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
When you tested outside of GTA, were you in an online room, or in arcade or test drive mode?

It was an online room, I'm right this very second, about to see if track edge being set to low or real is the decider.

On GTA I'm hitting the bottom on Eau Rouge in 6th easily, online, with track edge set to real, only getting to the limiter in 5th at the same point

EDIT:

OK, with track edge set to low, I think I have cured my issue :P
 
Last edited:
It was an online room, I'm right this very second, about to see if track edge being set to low or real is the decider.

On GTA I'm hitting the bottom on Eau Rouge in 6th easily, online, with track edge set to real, only getting to the limiter in 5th at the same point

EDIT:

OK, with track edge set to low, I think I have cured my issue :p

That's strange because (1) I would expect it set to real in a GTA challenge, and (2) I shift to 6th in GTA long before I get near any track edges.
 
The settings for the YouTube car in Round 4 are the same as the defaults of the car you win for gold. Verified in my Round 4 replay. 👍 So I think the car we use in Round 4 probably just has the HP difference vs the car we win.

For the Senna Monza event (haven't checked a Brands replay), the settings on the Lotus appear to match the defaults of the car you win, except that power limiter appears to be at 95% for the Senna event. :odd:
 
The settings for the YouTube car in Round 4 are the same as the defaults of the car you win for gold. Verified in my Round 4 replay. 👍 So I think the car we use in Round 4 probably just has the HP difference vs the car we win.

For the Senna Monza event (haven't checked a Brands replay), the settings on the Lotus appear to match the defaults of the car you win, except that power limiter appears to be at 95% for the Senna event. :odd:
I'm relatively new to the GT franchise, so forgive me for asking something that might be obvious to everyone else: How can you glean that information from a replay?
 
I'm relatively new to the GT franchise, so forgive me for asking something that might be obvious to everyone else: How can you glean that information from a replay?
Since PD started including less info about car parts and specs while watching replays (GT4 and prior had the necessary info right on-screen), we've had to get creative in the WRS in order to make sure it's a level playing field in GT5 and GT6.
@Sphinx spearheaded the effort to decode GT5 replays and luckily they didn't change the format (much) for GT6. 👍
 
I'm relatively new to the GT franchise, so forgive me for asking something that might be obvious to everyone else: How can you glean that information from a replay?
Data visualizer I believe
 
Data visualizer I believe
No, the Visualizer is helpful in many ways, but it can't tell you what parts are installed and what the settings are. Our replay-decoding process can, though.
 
Since PD started including less info about car parts and specs while watching replays (GT4 and prior had the necessary info right on-screen), we've had to get creative in the WRS in order to make sure it's a level playing field in GT5 and GT6.
@Sphinx spearheaded the effort to decode GT5 replays and luckily they didn't change the format (much) for GT6. 👍
Wow, cool! So do you know the precise horsepower of the YouTube car as used in the final round of GTA? Is it 542 as stated on the entry screen for GTA (and in the Nissan dealership for identical cars)? Or 591 as stated in my garage? Or something different?
 
Wow, cool! So do you know the precise horsepower of the YouTube car as used in the final round of GTA? Is it 542 as stated on the entry screen for GTA (and in the Nissan dealership for identical cars)? Or 591 as stated in my garage? Or something different?
I assume it's 542 as stated on-screen, but I haven't dug deep enough to confirm. I'll let you know if/when I do.

You could also find out that answer yourself pretty easily if the Data Visualizer allows you to compare a GTA Rd 4 replay with an Arcade Mode Time Trial replay. :)
 
It was an online room, I'm right this very second, about to see if track edge being set to low or real is the decider.

On GTA I'm hitting the bottom on Eau Rouge in 6th easily, online, with track edge set to real, only getting to the limiter in 5th at the same point

EDIT:

OK, with track edge set to low, I think I have cured my issue :p

Fuel weight?
 
No, the Visualizer is helpful in many ways, but it can't tell you what parts are installed and what the settings are. Our replay-decoding process can, though.
:odd: Ohh... I've used it once or twice but that was when it first came out. I thought I saw my cars 'stats' .. Guess not.
 
Fuel weight?

Doesn't make any difference, tyre wear & fuel usage aren't active in Academy anyway.

Would be interesting to find a conclusive answer as to whether fuel contributes to overall weight of the car though
 
Doesn't make any difference, tyre wear & fuel usage aren't active in Academy anyway.

Would be interesting to find a conclusive answer as to whether fuel contributes to overall weight of the car though

I am pretty sure that fuel weighs nothing when fuel depletion not on. So in academy you would get more grip due to less weight if the online race had depletion.

To test go in an online lobby, set fuel depletion, run laps to get your fuel very low, then get fresh tires. Your times after that should get close to free run times. It's more noticeable in lighter cars.
 
Back