Nissan Minolta Suddenly handles like Garbage

• Thread starter asaph
  • 8 comments
I searched for "nissan minolta suddenly handles like garbage" (twice actually, since the search function still has a programming error) and got no search results. Do you have a forum here on how best to search? :nervous:

I noticed that one of my favorite cars, the Nissan Minolta race car, was suddenly having trouble maintaining a straight line. I don't recall this being an issue the last time I used it. I had the same R3 tires as always, but it acted like the alignment was way off. I had performed the rigidity restoration and even tried the framework refresher (those two functions listed next to the weight-reduction steps) and got no change in handling. The car only has 6,500 miles on it. I was all over the place on the High-Speed Ring straightaway.

Does the GT Auto Shop have some hidden re-alignment service? I've had trouble with R4 and R5 tires in the past, but R3 has always been quite stable on long straights.

I hope you did the Chassis Refreshening before the Rigidity Increase... If not, your car might be busted forever. Some people say that the rigidity increase locks the car to the state it was before applying it.

This can be caused by toe settings or downforce settings too but I suspect you haven't changed them. It definitely sounds like a totally worn-out chassis.

By the way, are you meaning the Nissan R92CP or the Minolta Toyota 88C-V?

nissan minolta????... i dont know that car...
or is toyota minolta and you write it wrong...
idk...
so...
you can show any pic of the car.....?

The reason you didn't find anything after searching is because you put the "nissan minolta"... wtf?

Well, first off, I usually don't turn on the straights but, maybe your settings are messed up, try putting them to defaults again, and the "framework refresher" is a roll cage.

Diego440
The reason you didn't find anything after searching is because you put the "nissan minolta"... wtf?

That's why it handles like garbage... Toyotas aren't made to have Nissan engines.... :dopey:

Serously, though, tweak your suspension settings, give it a body refresh or just simply get a new one (El Capitan endurance). :)

Get a new one. You should have stopped at the rigidity refresher.

Once you put the rollcage in, some cars react very strangely (I've experienced this with the Escudo) and are difficult to tune to the same handling specs.

Like I said, get a new one... it's now a hopeless case.

Back