Nissan Motul Autech GT-R

• Thread starter Rosinbag1
  • 15 comments
It's a Super GT car so is how you would expect, not great on straights but it has unbelievable downforce so creates great laptimes. A nice car to have but if you can only afford one Gr.2 car it's a tougher choice, personally I prefer the Lexus.

It's the most balanced of the Gr.2 cars, IMO.

But it's also the only one you don't need to buy. The NSX is the qualifying superstar and the Lexus is the fuel economy superstar. Which only matters for a Race C, but I'm pretty sure we have never had a Gr.2 Race B.

Honda - Fastest cornering speed, slowest on the straight, trickiest to drive and worst on fuel.

Lexus - Fastest on the straights and easy to drive. Good cornering ability. Good on fuel

Nissan - Jack of all trades. Slightly slower on the straights than the Lexus but faster than the Honda. Slowest in hight speed corners but with the best traction in low speed corners. Easiest to drive. Good on fuel.

Overall there’s not much between them. They all shine on different tracks. To get the best out of the Honda you have to know what you’re doing.

Last edited:
Lexus and Nissan are both FR drivetrains.
Honda is a MR drivetrain.

Honda is the most fun (imo) while the Nissan and Lexus are pretty similar with a slight edge to the Lexus in terms of overall speed on most tracks.

we have never had a Gr.2 Race B.

There has been at least one, at Alsace. I won it in the Nissan and having won only 6 races it sticks in the memory like the day I passed my test or first got laid.

Honda is a bit twitchy and most likely to spin compared to the others.

There has been at least one, at Alsace. I won it in the Nissan and having won only 6 races it sticks in the memory like the day I passed my test or first got laid.

Gr.2 @ Alsace? man I'm glad I missed that one, what a **** show

It was a lot of fun, the middle section is basically a series of fast esses with varying gradient and radius and with no tyres to worry about the racing was close and actually clean.

The bad Gr2 race was the one at Lago Maggiore GP reverse, because people would force each other off at the kink under the bridge after the back straight.

Honda - Fastest cornering speed, slowest on the straight, trickiest to drive and worst on fuel.

Lexus - Fastest on the straights and easy to drive. Good cornering ability. Good on fuel

Nissan - Jack of all trades. Slightly slower on the straights than the Lexus but faster than the Honda. Slowest in hight speed corners but with the best traction in low speed corners. Easiest to drive. Good on fuel.

Overall there’s not much between them. They all shine on different tracks. To get the best out of the Honda you have to know what you’re doing.
Honda is really good. With maximum power and weight reduction it is tricky in hairpins etc..

but I'm pretty sure we have never had a Gr.2 Race B.
We had one a few months back in a Lago Maggiore Reverse version. Had 8 Pole Positions or something that day but the actual racing was so dirty each time, got divebombed almost everytime into the big spoon and knocked out into the gravel several times

This reminds me that we desperately need more Gr2 cars.

Oh yeah, and do get the GTR, it's the most balanced option of the trio.
I mean, the GT-R, NSX and RC F/LC 500 are the only recent GT500 versions. We can only hope they add this or last years cars but I don't think that will ever happen, the older version will be unwanted then.

If they'd add those of the mid to late 2000's and/or include the Honda HSV that'd be a better move

Either you're exaggerating or you're way too addicted to GT Sport :lol:

I concur with all the feed back above. Lexus is an easy win every time, Nissan middle and Honda the hardest.

If they'd add those of the mid to late 2000's and/or include the Honda HSV that'd be a better move

Maybe the Honda HSV would be interesting but I have my doubts about the other cars.

Still, this doesn't stop them from coming up with their own Gr2 versions of cars though.

It's a Super GT car so is how you would expect, not great on straights but it has unbelievable downforce so creates great laptimes. A nice car to have but if you can only afford one Gr.2 car it's a tougher choice, personally I prefer the Lexus.
not great on straight but matching current lmp2 on fuji well the 2018 model at least.

Back