Nissan Option Stream Z hard to drive?

• Thread starter rigdon
  • 22 comments
I've just won this car and I thought it'd be a really solid race car. However, I took it around Suzuka and the thing doesn't seem to turn that well :indiff: It was just going straight off the road at the curves and I had to drop down to like 100mph to take 130r. This is pretty disappointing since it has copious amounts of power (like 770hp stock).

Is the default set-up not very good, or is it just me?

I wasn't impressed by it either, I think it's a drag car.

I was especially dissapointed because I had been using the Nissan Fairlady Concept LM Car, which is fantastic 👍

You win that from the top race in the Japanese Hall.

Give it a try 👍

DQuaN
I wasn't impressed by it either, I think it's a drag car.

I was especially dissapointed because I had been using the Nissan Fairlady Concept LM Car, which is fantastic 👍

You win that from the top race in the Japanese Hall.

Give it a try 👍

Ah ok cheers. I've won the Nissan FairLady Z Concept LM - so I think that may be the one you're talking about. It's like a dark red and white colour with just over 600hp. I've been using that as my main race car as it handles like a dream :)

BTW, I think you're right about that Option Stream being a drag car. Fully tuned with NOS it does almost 300mph :drool:

The first time I tried it I wasn't impressed, so I sold it. Once I got 100% I decided to win another and try it again with my new found skills and it was actually quite good. I did a pretty decent couple of laps around Trial Mountain Reverse in it and it seemed ok. Its nowhere near the best, but its ok.

rigdon
I've just won this car and I thought it'd be a really solid race car. However, I took it around Suzuka and the thing doesn't seem to turn that well :indiff: It was just going straight off the road at the curves and I had to drop down to like 100mph to take 130r. This is pretty disappointing since it has copious amounts of power (like 770hp stock).

Is the default set-up not very good, or is it just me?

I did not like it either, sold mine pretty fast

The biggest problem with this car is that it is soo fast and riding on sport tires. As you progress you'll find taming 700 horses on street tires is rather frustrating. Poor acceleration with traction loss, brake eeeaaarrrly. But it is just a tuner car, not a racer, quite heavy.

Plus the thing has TERRIBLE TURBO LAG! I tried using it for the El Capitan 200 miles Enduro race, but couldn't stomach that thing for more then 1 lap let alone more than 70. So I ended up using the Suzuki GS/X.

That car sucks, doesnt even turn. Dont be impressed by it's highly given horse power. I kept it because i need for my collection, never drive it tho. I might need take it to a car wash soon.

I tried it once, wasn't good enough to buy race tyres for it...
The Fairlady Concept LM (from Japan Championship, as mentioned earlier) is indeed much better. I used that for a LOT of races (including the tarmac rally's, which opened the door to European and American races), but for Tsukuba wet hard I used the less powerfull but lighter MOTUL Pitwork Z (I believe you win it at the Nissan Z Club races).

Buy the Full Custom Transmission. Shorten the gears to Autoset 4 or 5 and you can drive it like a normal 800HP car. It's built for top speed trials, so it doesn't turn well, suspension tunning is up to you...

Anyone who hates this car is using it in the wrong way. Yes it is a car set up for straight line high speed. It was utterly destroyed at some race in America, I forget what its called. Something went wrong, the driver went off the road, I don't remember how fast he was going but it was fast. After that it was no longer a car... The D1GP signs are because of Option Auto who virtually are D1GP.
Anyway, I had an absolute blast using this car for the Extreme Hall Like the Wind race. I expected it to be boring, but I enjoyed racing this car round the Test Course, flying with ease past Audi R8s...Bentley Speed 8s and the like. Now that is what you use that car for. :sly:

deimos
It was utterly destroyed at some race in America, I forget what its called. Something went wrong, the driver went off the road, I don't remember how fast he was going but it was fast. After that it was no longer a car...

are you talking about orange /i think/ 350Z which were tested somewhere in a desert road? 1 tyre I dont know which get blown and car went off the road to sand and flip few times?

deimos
Anyone who hates this car is using it in the wrong way. Yes it is a car set up for straight line high speed. It was utterly destroyed at some race in America, I forget what its called. Something went wrong, the driver went off the road, I don't remember how fast he was going but it was fast. After that it was no longer a car... The D1GP signs are because of Option Auto who virtually are D1GP.

thank you i was wondering if anybody knew this

the driver blew a tire at like 200mph or something rediculus and the car was completly destroyed there are pictures online of the old one soooooo they rebulit it and this is actually the newer one that they did

deimos
Anyway, I had an absolute blast using this car for the Extreme Hall Like the Wind race. I expected it to be boring, but I enjoyed racing this car round the Test Course, flying with ease past Audi R8s...Bentley Speed 8s and the like. Now that is what you use that car for. :sly:

I think you are talking about Jun's 350z twinturbo. He was testing the top speed in Vegas. I think he hit about 242MPH (goal is 245MPH), then he lost control of the car. I believe he survived the crash.

wow, so much misinformation in this thread.
the original jun auto car was built for open road racing. it crashed on a stage of the silver state classic (search google if you havent heard of it). the drivers rear tire delaminated.
this is version 2 of that car. it is built for open road racing.

it turns well. i have gotten 47second laps on tsukuba with this car without trying (by setting it up other than gearing) it has no downforce which makes it tricky on the bigger tracks. it does drift very well (not show drifting, but getting the rear out afew degrees to tighten your line) and is very controllable.
it definately does not go well on the 'ring, but on smoother tracks it is a weapon.

edit: here's the video

http://www.autobytel.com/content/re...o/action/showvideo/vid/d_0100/vcat/Motorsport

I found with a couple suspension tweeks and gear ratio changes, you can get the car to be a little better. Not great, but better.
I used it for a couple races, even the enduro for El Capitain and Laguna Seca. 👍

the car was not built for tight twisty bumpy roads. it was designed for open roads with very high speeds (125-160mph averages). I think it corners decently. only bad thing about the car is the turbo lag. Suspension just isnt right stock for bumpy tracks.

The main thing is that it has no downforce so you have to take the turns like you would in an otherwise stock 350...

I used it to win the 'race of turbo sports' events. It makes most of the races less than 5 pts though.
Race 1: Fuji 80s 2 pts won by 3.5 secs (was my first race with it so I was getting used to it)
Race 2: Tokio 242 3 pts won by 5.8 secs
Race 3: High Sp Ring 3 pts won by so much there was no time on the board..
Race 4: New York 2 pts won by so much there was no time on the board..
Race 5: Midfield 1 pt Won by 14 seconds.

I also tried the tsukuba wet (HARD) in the special hall with it and I could keep up with the opposition for about 1.5 laps, then I misjudged a turn and that was it... (it was a 200 pt race).

Back