Nissan R36 to be Influenced by Nissan VGT 2020

  • Thread starter Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 7 comments
  • 1,340 views

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Messages
8,645
Singapore
Singapore
nissan-concept-2020-vision-gran-turismo-gt6-7-638x533.jpg


The next generation of the Nissan GT-R will be heavily
influenced by the design of the Nissan “CONCEPT 2020″
Vision Gran Turismo car released in GT6 last July, according
to a report from Motoring.com.au .
Motoring’s source states that we can expect the next GT-R to
be a “toned-down version” of the Vision GT car in terms of
styling, with full LMP-spec carbon fiber cowling; it will also
likely feature a similar hybrid drive-train. Nissan will be
learning much about hybrid performance in preparation for
next year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans, where they’ll compete head-
to-head with hybrids from Audi, Porsche, and Toyota in the
LMP1 category.
Nissan is also reportedly looking for more radical styling with
the next GT-R, which – despite impressive performance
figures and wide acclaim from automotive enthusiasts – has
not met the company’s sales expectations.
Considering Kazunori Yamauchi’s passion for the GT-R
(which he claims is responsible for sparking his interest
in cars) and Nissan’s close relationship with Polyphony
Digital, the next version will no doubt be prominently featured
in future Gran Turismo games.
 
Well that's not a surprise.
 
The article should say the VGT2020 is influenced by all GT-Rs before it.
 
wtf. This was said when the car was launched months ago.
 
Kinda figured when it was announced, even asked as much in a status. I think a bigger question is will it be the GT7 cover car?

Anyway, toned down eh? Taller, a bit narrower, and a few more seams from where I sit, standard fare for most concepts. Note I still haven't actually looked at the VGT, or played GT6 since early June, so have no idea what I'm talking about.
 
I find Nissan VGT incredibly ugly so I'm not very happy about this. Then again they made Juke so this wasn't unexpected.
 
Last edited:
Can't wait to see the beast that Tamura San creates.
 
Back