Nissan R390

  • Thread starter Thread starter hadisami8
  • 5 comments
  • 669 views
Messages
33
Messages
ClintBeastwood30
So after much waiting the UCD shows me the nissan R390! I had quite a lot of money so the 900,000 price tag wasn't too bad. With the great looks and basically everyone saying thats its amazing i had to buy it.

Before test driving it i gave it a fuel change , did a full weight reduction and bought the stage 2 engine tuning kit. Nothing else. I drove it around and was surprised. I know it only had racing hards but i didn't expect it to be so tail happy. I reduced the height by 5 on the front and rear and increased the spring thing a bit as well. I didn't dare do anything else as i'm not familiar with tuning.

Im not saying im disappointed but i think with a bit of tuning help i'll be more pleased.
 
OK, I recommend you increasing your rear spring rates more than the front. I don't have this car although I too would like to buy one. Something like 10kg/mm front and 12kg/mm rear should help (the more spread apart the more under steer you'll get). Plus, you will want to increase your shocks accordingly and both the same (ex. 7 front, 7 rear -give or take). The sway bars should be set to 3 (or 4) both front and rear. Also, the rear camber would be higher than the front camber (ex. 1.5 F and 2.0 R). Depending on the LSD stock settings, if it were to be (from top to bottom) 5, 20, 10 then it should be increased to 7, 30, 15. Increase your front brakes more than the rear. These are rough examples, but will give you an idea how to approach it (everyone has there own driving style and preferences)
 
OK, I recommend you increasing your rear spring rates more than the front. I don't have this car although I too would like to buy one.


LOL, most funny thing I seen so far.Kinda hard to setup a car you have never driven. 💡 LOL



hadisami8 If you want a setup for it PM me.I can give you a general setup that will help you out.I on the other hand do have the car and the RM aswell.and have driven them both ALOT.PM me if interested.
 
The most important thing is the gearing... buy the fully customisable tranny and set the top speed much higher. The stock gearing have way too low top speed.
 
I drove it around the 'Burg completely stock and it handled great. Other than topping out at 155mph, the car was fine. It's probably more driver throttle input than the car itself.
 
LOL, most funny thing I seen so far.Kinda hard to setup a car you have never driven. 💡 LOL

Yeah? How come is it that every time someone asks for some advice (in my lobby) on tuning I get praised for it (which are cars I DON'T have). Don't be quick to assume that just because I don't have the car, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. All I need to know is what platform the car is (FF, FR, MR, etc) and what they are trying to accomplish -over steer or under steer so its not difficult (maybe for you). I don't guess until I get it right :dopey: LOL

"general set up" LOL why not give him your set up........👎
 
Last edited:
Back