Nissan Skyline (R32) GT-R JGTC Calsonic Impul #1 1994

• Thread starter JR98
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
The UK
JASON_ROCKS1998
JR98 GAMING
The Skyline GT-R is probably Nissan's most well known, and iconic, production car and it has been used in Super GT (Formerly JGTC) since it began in 1993. While the Calsonic GT-R is more frequently remembered for it's run in the 1993 JGTC season with it's mild aero, this 1994 version really deserves a place in GT. 1994 was the first full season of the JGTC, and it was the #1 Calsonic GT-R, driven by Masahiko Kageyama, that came out on top, even beating a Porsche 962C. Kageyama would go on to win until 1996, when JGTC turned into GT1 and the McLaren F1 GTR arrived.

Technical specifications
  • Body: 2 Door Coupe
  • Length: N/A
  • Width: N/A
  • Height: N/A
  • Weight: 1150 KG (Approx.)
  • Wheelbase: N/A
  • Engine: Nissan 2.7 I6
  • Aspiration: Twin Turbo
  • Power: 550 HP (Approx.)
  • Torque: 500 FT-LBS (Approx.)
  • Drive: Front Engine Rear Wheel Drive
  • Transmission/Gearbox: 6 Speed Manual Sequential

tumblr_mrakdjWeWH1r0mdvuo1_1280.jpg

1994JGTC01_car.JPG

NissanSkylineGTR1994.jpg

1994JGTCNissanPorsche_1440x655c.jpg

Inside+Calsonic+GT-R.JPG

Note: If anyone can find any specs for this car, please post them below.

Last edited:
Anyone else notice design similarities between this and the R32 Touring Car? Maybe the design of the Touring Car was based on this car. I can see similarities between the other GT-R Touring Cars with other real life cars (R33 TC=Nismo GT-R LM, R34 TC=Falken GT-R(?), R35 TC=GT3).

Also, what's that prototype in one of the photos?

Anyone else notice design similarities between this and the R32 Touring Car? Maybe the design of the Touring Car was based on this car. I can see similarities between the other GT-R Touring Cars with other real life cars (R33 TC=Nismo GT-R LM, R34 TC=Falken GT-R(?), R35 TC=GT3).

There was a thread some years ago finding what the touring cars resembled, but yes they are all based off of something.

Porsche 962.

I'm geussing the GT-R R32 TC was based on this, as the wing and wheel design are identical. The prototype was a Porsche 962C, which this car actually beat.

I'm geussing the GT-R R32 TC was based on this, as the wing and wheel design are identical. The prototype was a Porsche 962C, which this car actually beat.
Yeah. I could definitely see the real life inspiration for the other GT-R touring cars (though it's possible the R34 may be based on something other than the Falken, and the R35 could have been based off the GT1 version), but I didn't know what the R32 was based off of till I saw this car.

Also, this thing beat a 962? Wow. How much power did the 962C (at least the one that ran that year) have?

Yeah. I could definitely see the real life inspiration for the other GT-R touring cars (though it's possible the R34 may be based on something other than the Falken, and the R35 could have been based off the GT1 version), but I didn't know what the R32 was based off of till I saw this car.

Also, this thing beat a 962? Wow. How much power did the 962C (at least the one that ran that year) have?
I'm pretty sure the 962 wasn't Factory backed, but I think it had the same power and weight as the LM version but it may have had to be less powerful or heavier than the LM version to meet JGTC regulations at the time, but I don't know what they were. It did win the race at Fuji though And it turns out Anthony Reid (The BTCC driver) was one of the drivers in it.

I'm pretty sure the 962 wasn't Factory backed, but I think it had the same power and weight as the LM version but it may have had to be less powerful or heavier than the LM version to meet JGTC regulations at the time, but I don't know what they were. It did win the race at Fuji though And it turns out Anthony Reid (The BTCC driver) was one of the drivers in it.
The 1994 JGTC season Taisan team Porsche 962C was added 300kg of weight to balance the performance.

The 1993 (test season for future JGTC) the Calsonic blue white R32 did not win at Suzuka 1000 where it raced alongside with late Group C prototypes, of course, but won the one of Fuji races, where it races alongside other gt cars (and did not have fair competitors).

Back