• 9 comments

RikkiGT-R

GT: IamValhalla
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Rikki_GTR
IamValhalla
I deleted my GT6 save to start again with no driving aids at all - I usually used ABS at 1 at the very least. However, with everything turned off I have found that no matter what, I have 0 brakes and then 100% brakes - every car locks up at basically every corner with the slightest of touches on the brake pedal. Either that or I am so light on the brakes (for fear of locking up) that I don't brake at all.

It's genuinely driving me mad, pardon the pun. I'm reluctant to turn on ABS - in Forza I drive all cars (even LMPs, Class C race cars) fully hardcore without any issue whatsoever, but it seems impossible in GT6. Is there perhaps a configuration of settings I'm missing?

I use a Thrustmaster T150 & T3PA pedals.

Side note - why can't I use a clutch? I've never noticed this before but you'd think "the real driving simulator" would allow me to use something as basic as a clutch.

Last edited:
Can’t help with the brake, never had that issue using ABS ‘0’ on a G29. It took some getting used to and memorizing how much brake to apply, but it was more than manageable. Also, I think you needed to fully depress the pedals once starting the game to auto calibrate them. The throttle works ok if you don’t calibrate, but the brake will always function as an on/off switch if you don’t.

As far as the clutch, it works unless you are using a car equipped with a sequential transmission. Most of the race cars are equipped with them, even ones that never had one. All I can say is don’t upgrade your road car to the fully customizable transmission and you’ll be fine.

Last edited:
Can’t help with the brake, never had that issue using ABS ‘0’ on a G29. It took some getting used to and memorizing how much brake to apply, but it was more than manageable. Also, I think you needed to fully depress the pedals once starting the game to auto calibrate them. The throttle works ok if you don’t calibrate, but the brake will always function as an on/off switch if you don’t.

As far as the clutch, it works unless you are using a car equipped with a sequential transmission. Most of the race cars are equipped with them, even ones that never had one. All I can say is don’t upgrade your road car to the fully customizable transmission and you’ll be fine.

Firstly - I didn't know about calibrating the pedals :boggled:
I'm going to look into that later and see if I can sort it, there's no way it should be acting how it is at the minute.

As for the clutch, there seems to be no option to use it. I can select manual or automatic transmission, there's no "w/clutch" option, and not once when driving any car does the clutch pedal do anything. Unless there's still some option I need to select :confused:

Maybe I should be calibrating the clutch on game start as well?

Maybe, trying pressing the clutch too. Couldn’t hurt. Still, there’s no in-game setting that activates the H-pattern and clutch. What kind of shifter are you using? Could be a setup issue. The G29 and later the T300/TH8A combo worked fine without adjusting anything.

Hmm... yes I only have the paddle shifters at the minute. Will the TH8A connect to a T150?
I use a G920 + Logitech shifter for Forza 7 but have no dedicated shifter for the T150... perhaps GT6 recognizes this and deactivates manual clutch? I would be happy using clutch and paddles...

Yes, sounds like a calibration issue. I have the same when I forget to press the brake pedal before going on track for the first time. My wheel (DFGT) calibrates by itself after pressing the brakes once, so it’s only an issue in the first corner :P

Once you get it to work you’ll probably find that it’s pretty easy to drive with ABS 0. Just watch out for when it’s raining. If you have two wheels on the dry line and two wheels in the wet, it’s very easy to spin.

Yes, sounds like a calibration issue. I have the same when I forget to press the brake pedal before going on track for the first time. My wheel (DFGT) calibrates by itself after pressing the brakes once, so it’s only an issue in the first corner :P

Once you get it to work you’ll probably find that it’s pretty easy to drive with ABS 0. Just watch out for when it’s raining. If you have two wheels on the dry line and two wheels in the wet, it’s very easy to spin.

That's what is bugging me - I play Forza with all driving aids off, and it's not rare to find me alone on many of the hardcore leaderboards for some of the most extreme cars; the top times overall usually have at least TCS switched on. I refuse to use any, yet I go to GT6 and it appears I haven't the first clue how to drive any more :scared:

Once my kids are in bed soon I'm going to try calibrating the brake pedal and see if that sorts the problem out. I hate using ABS :yuck:

Hmm... yes I only have the paddle shifters at the minute. Will the TH8A connect to a T150?
I use a G920 + Logitech shifter for Forza 7 but have no dedicated shifter for the T150... perhaps GT6 recognizes this and deactivates manual clutch? I would be happy using clutch and paddles...

The TH8A is compatible with the T-150. Well at least the T-150 Pro according to the Thrustmaster website. Not sure if there’s a difference.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/th8a-add-shifter

Using the paddles deactivates the clutch. Can’t use them at the same time. That’s probably the issue here. Get a TH8A and you should be set!

Ugh.. I got the brake pedal calibrated and discovered that ABS is only relevant with the race brake kit - standard brakes are difficult to lock up anyway, which is something I have never been aware of since I've clearly never calibrated the pedals and so was always forced to use ABS at 1 regardless of brake system. I was still having trouble with SRF being off anyway, which baffles me really... virtually all races were being destroyed at least once by a random loss of control that was impossible to correct.

Formatted my PS3, I'm done with it now. Tired of fighting. Considering selling my Xbox One as well and investing in a G25 again to continue playing GT4... none of this old nonsense and loads of content.

I deleted my GT6 save to start again with no driving aids at all - I usually used ABS at 1 at the very least. However, with everything turned off I have found that no matter what, I have 0 brakes and then 100% brakes - every car locks up at basically every corner with the slightest of touches on the brake pedal. Either that or I am so light on the brakes (for fear of locking up) that I don't brake at all.

It's genuinely driving me mad, pardon the pun. I'm reluctant to turn on ABS - in Forza I drive all cars (even LMPs, Class C race cars) fully hardcore without any issue whatsoever, but it seems impossible in GT6. Is there perhaps a configuration of settings I'm missing?

I use a Thrustmaster T150 & T3PA pedals.

Side note - why can't I use a clutch? I've never noticed this before but you'd think "the real driving simulator" would allow me to use something as basic as a clutch.
uck we can all get in a tizzy with this the best way is to just keep trying just good luck

Back