No GTLife when servers are down?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BKViper
  • 9 comments
  • 808 views
Messages
845
Messages
bkviper
I just completed a race series, got all golds, and exited to my Home.
Before it got to Home, it came up with the logo screen and it just stayed up.
After about 5 minutes, I gave up and rebooted the PS3.
When I came back in and went to open GT Life, it says the "Servers are currently undergoing maintenance" and it just sits at that logo again.
I hope it didn't lose all my results from that series.
So no playing GT Life while servers are down? I guess it's Arcade time.
 
They should put in a menu so the game just doesnt hang. I had the exact same thing happen to me, version 1.02 is out thats why.
 
*quits Gran Turismo 5 for update*

Yep. That's Kaz's first promised done. :)
 
I had EXACTLY the same problem except I downloaded an update before entering the game a 2nd time.

It didn't happen yesterday though when it hang up at some point
 
Just log off PSN before you get onto GT5. It won't hang the game, plus the load times are all much faster when moving around GT Life.
 
So no playing GT Life while servers are down?
Well ... yeah. GT Life is hosted on the server. When the server is down for maintenance, it is taken offline. Thus, GT Life cannot be accessed because it is on a server that is inaccessible.
 
Well ... yeah. GT Life is hosted on the server. When the server is down for maintenance, it is taken offline. Thus, GT Life cannot be accessed because it is on a server that is inaccessible.

But it's not. You can play GT Life offline. You just can't go to the lobby or museum or anything. But as long as you don't try to do any online portions, it's fine.

The reason the game is slower moving from, say, a license test back to the main GT Life screen is because it's checking the server for info. It's better to just stay logged off unless you want to do something online, and then log in at least once a day just to get the museum cards for that day.
 
I meant to say "If GT Life is hosted on the server." I just forgot the "if".
 
Yeah, that part was kind of important.
 
Yep, just completed 2 races with golds and didn't get any prize cars. Hopefully I get them once everything is back to normal.
 
Back