No in race music

• Thread starter wonk
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Wonkeye
Right this is really bugging me. There doesn't appear to be any in race music on my ps4 copy. I've looked all over for an option and can't find anything. Tried turning the engine and fx down to see if that made a difference and nothing. Have they really released a racing game with no music or am just being stupid? Need some beats to help me get in zone. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

It's fairly common for "serious" racing games to have no music during races, but like you, I prefer to drive/race with music, no matter how "serious" the game is.

I don't know if the PS4 offers a way of playing mp3s (like the Xbox 360's robust music player), but my personal workaround involves a pair of (3.5mm plug) speakers I normally use with my TV: let the game play sounds through the TV, and play mp3s on another device through the exterior speakers. Crude, but it works. :)

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm looking into the Spotify thing. Looks like the best bet for the PS4.

Spotify is really good on the PS4. Just a 30 second ad every 20mins or so if you don't pay for premium.

I've found some songs to be louder than others which can get annoying when your trying to find that balance between engine noise and music.

I'm really liking the menu music. Shame I can't set spotify to only come on when I'm in a race.

so what is exactly is the process to make this work? so pretty much spotify plays music on the ps4 and ur still able to play any game with spotify on in the background?

There is even an option in the audio setup/hyperlink that takes you to pcars preferred music profile/catalog in spotify.

Or just use your own.

You can also change the volume of the music independently from the game sounds via holding the ps button for a few secords. Very good. Or control Spotify from your mobile while you race. Recommended

There is an alternative solution bro: Take an USB drive, create a paste called "Music", and put your music tracks in there. Plug the USB drive on PS4. You can put as many as you wish as long as you have the files. It works in the same formats that PS3 used to have. It works as spotify: The music player doesn't detect if you are racing or not, so you will have to turn off the music menus or the custom music while at the menus.

Here it is one of many tutorials over the internet:
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/10/guide_how_to_use_the_ps4s_usb_music_player

PS: You cannot creat playlists here. However, the system puts all musics in alphabetical order. So, if you rename the music´s file name, you can have as much playlists as you wish. For example, if you put "A1 - Oasis - Wonderwall", "A2 - Coldplay - Fix you", the player will put the A1 music first and then the other one, instead of putting the Coldplay one first because it starts with "C". You can create A,B,C,...Playlists, and also repeat the same music on various playlists, so this feature does work completely.

Racing games always feel enjoyable when you have no music on in my opinion. I prefer racing games based on street racing like NFS to use game soundtrack. Menu music is fine for me.

There is an alternative solution bro: Take an USB drive, create a paste called "Music", and put your music tracks in there. Plug the USB drive on PS4. You can put as many as you wish as long as you have the files. It works in the same formats that PS3 used to have. It works as spotify: The music player doesn't detect if you are racing or not, so you will have to turn off the music menus or the custom music while at the menus.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/10/guide_how_to_use_the_ps4s_usb_music_player

PS: You cannot creat playlists here. However, the system puts all musics in alphabetical order. So, if you rename the music´s file name, you can have as much playlists as you wish. For example, if you put "A1 - Oasis - Wonderwall", "A2 - Coldplay - Fix you", the player will put the A1 music first and then the other one, instead of putting the Coldplay one first because it starts with "C". You can create A,B,C,...Playlists, and also repeat the same music on various playlists, so this feature does work completely.

This is what I ended up doing. Much better quality than spotify and no ****** adverts.

Racing games always feel enjoyable when you have no music on in my opinion. I prefer racing games based on street racing like NFS to use game soundtrack. Menu music is fine for me.

You always have the option to mute the racing music at most racing games, so not having in-race music doesnt mean "a good feature".

Lol, nothing gets the adrenaline going like Coldplay ;) :P

Back