Starting Mid May 2015

Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12

Ultra clean and fair drivers only.

Running on Monday nights
Q 18:15 UK
R 19:00 UK

Race 90 minute endurance
14 race series

Weekely test races on Friday nights at race time, all welcome.

Default settings
ABS allowed
Brake Bias allowed
Chassis extra strengthening allowed
BHP adjustment dependent on position in the championship table.
Any tyres can be run.

BASE BHP is 8th Place in the championship table and is 470BHP

Cars will run at the bhp settings below at each race dependent on championship standings.

1st.................................
However many Championship pts ahead of 8th are deducted in Bhp from 470
2nd...............................However many Championship pts ahead of 8th are deducted in Bhp from 470
3rd...............................However many Championship pts ahead of 8th are deducted in Bhp from 470
4th..............................However many Championship pts ahead of 8th are deducted in Bhp from 470
5th.............................However many Championship pts ahead of 8th are deducted in Bhp from 470
6th............................However many Championship pts ahead of 8th are deducted in Bhp from 470
7th...........................However many Championship pts ahead of 8th are deducted in Bhp from 470
8th..........................Base Setting and will always be 470 Bhp
9th.........................
However many Championship pts behind 8th are added in Bhp to 470
10th......................However many Championship pts behind 8th are added in Bhp to 470
11th.....................However many Championship pts behind 8th are added in Bhp to 470
12th....................However many Championship pts behind 8th are added in Bhp to 470
13th...................However many Championship pts behind 8th are added in Bhp to 470
14th..................However many Championship pts behind 8th are added in Bhp to 470
15th.................However many Championship pts behind 8th are added in Bhp to 470
16th...............However many Championship pts behind 8th are added in Bhp to 470

DEFAULT SETTINGS

Brake Balance - ANY

SUSPENSION

60 : 60 ride height
15.09 : 16.14 spring rate
4 : 4 damper comp
4 : 4 damper ext
3 : 3 anti roll bars
1.5 : 3.5 camber
-0.50 : 1.00 toe

DRIVETRAIN TRANSMISSION
224 mph max speed
1 : 4.066
2 : 2.658
3 : 1.907
4 : 1.438
5 : 1.139
6 : 0.948

4.062 final gear

DRIVETRAIN

10 initial torque
40 acceleration sensitivity
20 brake sensitivity

POWER
standard engine tuning
normal turbo kit

BODY

300 : 550 downforce
0 ballast
0 ballast position

ABS allowed

Last edited:
The HSV is a good car to race :)

If I'm reading the OP correctly, tuning is prohibited (other than Brake Balance/Power Limiter)?

The HSV is a good car to race :)

If I'm reading the OP correctly, tuning is prohibited (other than Brake Balance/Power Limiter)?
Yes thats how i am looking at it, also the extra Chassis strengthening, as there is no way to prohibit that.

Yes thats how i am looking at it, also the extra Chassis strengthening, as there is no way to prohibit that.
We need to run a few test races on Friday nights , as we thought the current series would work fine, but we have a few elite guys that although they run over 100 kilo heavier still thrash us, as the weights are set in increments for each championship position rather than adjustable from 8th place which is the base setting.
In all the preseason testing we did we had it working well, however a few joined up at the last minute, and they are just so fast they seem to be able to drive around the weight handicap.

So before we get to the season start we could do with a few races where we can test the bhp differences.

Ah okay, in that case I may give it a miss.

The HSV when tuned is my favourite car in the game, but I'm not too fond of the stock version and am already competing in a spec series on Wednesdays.

Ah okay, in that case I may give it a miss.

The HSV when tuned is my favourite car in the game, but I'm not too fond of the stock version and am already competing in a spec series on Wednesdays.
Well, to be honest, its in draft at the moment, after a few tests with default and tuned we can see what and
how it works out.

Of course. I'll keep an eye on this thread in the meantime.
As a not PJ, would you have an idea how much lap time can be gained from tuning at say an average track.

The car as default handles so much better than almost all the cars we have tested, and i wanted the series to be as close as possible.

I didnt want experts able to tune the car so well as to negate the bhp loss they may have ? i thought that as the car handles so well defaut, there would not be a great amount of laptime in tuning.

Just wondered if you knew, as i have been thinking of running the series with weather every third race, and with tuning every other race, just thoughts, but i would be interested if you had an idea of the time gained ?

As a not PJ, would you have an idea how much lap time can be gained from tuning at say an average track.
In the series where I used the HSV I would gain 2-3 seconds on RH before eventually moving over to RS (the series allowed RS tyres, but I always did my tuning on RH). I made the most gains on the early tracks in the calendar but by the end of the season I was only gaining about a second per track as I'd hit a development ceiling.

But in general, on RS, are you saying you can gain 2 seconds from default to tuned settings per lap ?

B_SyRTAXAAAJFwd.jpg

These are my tuning notes from a race at Brands Hatch.

Ignore the left sheet as that's a wet weather setup.

On the right sheet I tried some older setups and started with a 1:21.8 on RH.
Tweaks brought that down to a 1:21.4
Swapping to RS made that 1:18.1

B_Sy1lvXAAABzAM.jpg

For High Speed Ring (left):

First RH laps were a 1:05.8.
After much tuning that got down to 1:04.6
Changing to RS ultimately (not noted) gave me a 1:02.7

These are from later on in the season when I was finding less gains.

An example from earlier in the season:
  • I started tuning at Bathurst and my initial laps were 2:05 on RH.
  • By the time my tune was finished I was down to a 2:02
  • Swapping to RS made me do a 1:59

B_SyRTAXAAAJFwd.jpg

These are my tuning notes from a race at Brands Hatch.

Ignore the left sheet as that's a wet weather setup.

On the right sheet I tried some older setups and started with a 1:21.8 on RH.
Tweaks brought that down to a 1:21.4
Swapping to RS made that 1:18.1

B_Sy1lvXAAABzAM.jpg

For High Speed Ring (left):

First RH laps were a 1:05.8.
After much tuning that got down to 1:04.6
Changing to RS ultimately (not noted) gave me a 1:02.7

These are from later on in the season when I was finding less gains.

An example from earlier in the season:
  • I started tuning at Bathurst and my initial laps were 2:05 on RH.
  • By the time my tune was finished I was down to a 2:02
  • Swapping to RS made me do a 1:59
Thanks Pj thats very helpful, i will look into the tuning side maybe when we get nearer.

I only say that most of the guys in our series, me included, just are not as good as many other drivers, and can often tune a car away from a good setup for a race.

I think as the car is so well balanced on dfault settings at the moment for our tests until we gee used to it i would like to keep it default, as in our little races -30 min - with our guys we have had some great great nose to tail stuff, and it does create really close races.

Back