No more event end dates

  • Thread starter Thread starter 7Sins
  • 21 comments
  • 1,665 views
Messages
147
It used to be that each event had an end/expiry date. Just the PP time trial events have these dates.
I am really sick of 700-800 PP events. Im sure everyone is.
I love the specific car make races (but put more in the expert play). It seemed that the races used to be updated more frequently than they are now. Why is it we have to wait for an update until the events change? Surely they can be updated sooner and include much more variety. Maybe even have events that include all 5 tracks and have different PP races for each? Whats stopping them from having more events online?
Is it just me or does anyone else want to race Eiger online? Not just the Cappucino on beginner.
 
I'm a hankering for some lower PP races too. Problem is, I want more tracks too. I would love to see Grand Valley Speedway in an update soon. I do hope though that they don't change the physics again, they're just right now, plus I don't want to need to change my setups again.
Note: Please don't reply to my update discussion, only the low PP event wish if you must. (To keep things on topic)
 
I remember when the online races started christmas last year (Japanese version) they were updated everyweek, then they put ending dates on, now they do as they please with no warning.
 
Last edited:
I remember when the online races started christmas last year (Japanese version) they were updated everyweek, then they put ending dates on then, now they do as they please with no warning.

:lol: That's just funny.:sly:
 
Agreed. Thats the real problem with GT, there's no variety !
Would be soooo easy to have at least for every pp range and track an weekly changing event ...
:rolleyes:
 
As someone suggested before, PD must be chosing a specific number of events for controlled testing purposes.
 
I think they avoid having too many different events at the same time to keep people playing together, if they had 10 different pro events we would only race with 5-6 other cars at peak times. If they made all events international i would lower this risk (playing on NTSC-J I can only find 1 really active event, last one was fuji and this time it's ferrari @ suz, both international events, on the other races the max we have been was 4 on HSR...).

As said before, events changing every week would make people play more, maybe PD just need some imagination, we could send them this link and they will give us weekly events: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103407 💡
 
I think they avoid having too many different events at the same time to keep people playing together, if they had 10 different pro events we would only race with 5-6 other cars at peak times.

Exactly. We don't need 100 different events at once. We need an event change at least every 2 weeks (1 week is too short, how would I get out new tunes?:p), and the same number of events at any given time as we have now.
 
As said before, events changing every week would make people play more, maybe PD just need some imagination, we could send them this link and they will give us weekly events: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103407


^^ Thats what I meant. 👍

Also I don´t think its only for testing purpouse, I think its just more convenient for PD.
I mean how long should this tests go?
Where are the dedicated servers ?
I certainly dont want 100s of races, just more variety and better ballance:
Example:

550pp Suzuka 3laps
550pp Suzuka East 5laps
550pp London forward 5laps

650pp Daytona Road 6laps
650pp Daytona Speedway 20laps
650pp Eiger reverse 7laps

700pp Suzuka 5laps
700pp Fuji GT 5laps

800pp Fuji F 6laps
800pp London reverse 6laps

850pp Daytona Road 15laps
850pp High Speed Ring forward 20laps
850pp Eiger forward 15laps

F1 Suzuka 10laps
F1 High Speed Ring reverse 15laps

Make this both for beginner and pro and you get 30 (!) races which can be swapped weekly or all two weeks. Only have to swapp the classes and track and it never will become boring .

Now even if you maybe dont like my selections , you´d have to admit it be less boring and more balanced , not?

:P
 
what happened to the fuji GT-R F430 Corvette race. I loved that event because I often came 1st, 2nd and, since you were only aloud s3 tyres punters and cheaters were not skilled enough to race.
 
The best race by-far has been 600pp Daytona oval, at that race I've seen every car in the game competing , and have seen every sort of car win this event as well , just why my online activity has been limited as od late , limit the higher pp events , and bring on 500, 550 , 600 , 650 pp events ,far more competitive.
 
what happened to the fuji GT-R F430 Corvette race. I loved that event because I often came 1st, 2nd and, since you were only aloud s3 tyres punters and cheaters were not skilled enough to race.
I miss that one too :indiff:
 
I think we would all like some more variety to the online events. If they had more, wouldn't have to update them so often (not that they are doing that at the moment :))
I do like the car make races which pretty much lines up an even field. We have only 5 tracks in Prologue. Least they could do is utilise them all.
 
I think we would all like some more variety to the online events. If they had more, wouldn't have to update them so often (not that they are doing that at the moment :))
I do like the car make races which pretty much lines up an even field. We have only 5 tracks in Prologue. Least they could do is utilise them all.
Yeah i also like the one make races as it usually produces closer racing & a number of cars have a shot to win. Wouldn't mind also having single car races, ie just F430's or say if they happen to introduce porsches (i wish) a carrera cup type event would be nice. I think the biggest problem at the moment is as others have said, the events are lasting too long (2-3 weeks max it should be) but mainly, we dont have enough tracks. Im getting pretty sick of racing suzuka or fuji. In terms of updates to the game, i will always prefer adding more tracks over more cars.
 
I miss all the non tuned fixed tyre events, we need more IMO or atleast more low PP events.
 
I miss all the non tuned fixed tyre events, we need more IMO or atleast more low PP events.

what happened to the fuji GT-R F430 Corvette race. I loved that event because I often came 1st, 2nd and, since you were only aloud s3 tyres punters and cheaters were not skilled enough to race.

I definatly prefered standard car races too. There are just so many cars to choose from that have same or similar performance (ie lap times) that it would really spice the racing up, instead of racing high PP events where only 2-3 cars are competitive.
 
I remember when the online races started christmas last year (Japanese version) they were updated everyweek, then they put ending dates on, now they do as they please with no warning.

Indeed yeah i remember this too. Only pain was the disconnects of people who were sick of loossing. Plus less people in the races less money but thankfull they fixed that upon Spec II if i'm not mistaken lol
 
As said before, events changing every week would make people play more, maybe PD just need some imagination, we could send them this link and they will give us weekly events: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103407


^^ Thats what I meant. 👍

Also I don´t think its only for testing purpouse, I think its just more convenient for PD.
I mean how long should this tests go?
Where are the dedicated servers ?
I certainly dont want 100s of races, just more variety and better ballance:
Example:

550pp Suzuka 3laps
550pp Suzuka East 5laps
550pp London forward 5laps

650pp Daytona Road 6laps
650pp Daytona Speedway 20laps
650pp Eiger reverse 7laps

700pp Suzuka 5laps
700pp Fuji GT 5laps

800pp Fuji F 6laps
800pp London reverse 6laps

850pp Daytona Road 15laps
850pp High Speed Ring forward 20laps
850pp Eiger forward 15laps

F1 Suzuka 10laps
F1 High Speed Ring reverse 15laps

Make this both for beginner and pro and you get 30 (!) races which can be swapped weekly or all two weeks. Only have to swapp the classes and track and it never will become boring .

Now even if you maybe dont like my selections , you´d have to admit it be less boring and more balanced , not?

:P

Hear hear! The swapping could even be done by a script, so they don't have to reprogram anything.

I would also love to have something like a 'One make race of the day' with completely stock cars (no tuning allowed so it would be completely about the driver). This could be done in two classes (low and high powered) and change every day. That way every car would come around about every month.
 
indeed more balanced pp races would be very nice, and like someone mentioned before a race over 2 or more tracks would be cool, i think they would put up woth something like that.

like a GT world cup with 4(or more) races on diffrent tracks.

also for private rooms there could be something in tyhe online races as driver points so you can see if someone is okay or just an ass.

that could also mean for championship races, "you need *** driver points to compete in this series"
what do you guys think?
 
indeed more balanced pp races would be very nice, and like someone mentioned before a race over 2 or more tracks would be cool, i think they would put up woth something like that.

like a GT world cup with 4(or more) races on diffrent tracks.

also for private rooms there could be something in tyhe online races as driver points so you can see if someone is okay or just an ass.

that could also mean for championship races, "you need *** driver points to compete in this series"
what do you guys think?
That sounds pretty good, ive been thinking about something like that as well. Where somehow a driver rating system is implemented so you know who the better racers are. Im sure some other racing game has this type of feature but can't remember which one. Guess it would only reward constant online players though so people who dont have a lot of time wont be able to rack up the points & enter those series, which might be a downside of the idea.
 
[supersonic-88];3193931
That sounds pretty good, ive been thinking about something like that as well. Where somehow a driver rating system is implemented so you know who the better racers are. Im sure some other racing game has this type of feature but can't remember which one. Guess it would only reward constant online players though so people who dont have a lot of time wont be able to rack up the points & enter those series, which might be a downside of the idea.

This point system will only work if the penalty system is better, so you won't have any advantage when punting. I came in last in a race yesterday after I got hit very hard and ended up somewhere in a big sandbox...
 
This point system will only work if the penalty system is better, so you won't have any advantage when punting. I came in last in a race yesterday after I got hit very hard and ended up somewhere in a big sandbox...
Yep i just thought to myself that a points system based on where you finish in the race wont work currently as people could just punt you for example out of the lead, they get the points & you get nothing, giving a false impression of the driver's talent. Perhaps instead something like an option to rate drivers you have just raced with. If you dont want to then thats fine but if you do, say select the best 3 drivers from that race & then they get the ratings points. Maybe something like that.
 
Back