No racing mod

What do you people think about the lack of a racing mod?  I for one am in favor of it.  The simple reality of auto racing is that you cant go to the dealership, buy a corvette, and hop it up to the point where it will beat a Corvette Race car.  Its that simple.  Race cars are built from the ground up to look sort of like a showroom car, but underneath, you wouldn't be able to tell what it was.  

One of my biggest gripes about GT2 was that you could whoop the crap out of a Toyota GT One with a GTO simply because you had 980Hp.  Without a racing mod, it was almost impossible, your car weighed too much and you couldnt grip the road.  Take off a couple hundred Lbs and get some downforce, and you could.  I don't care if you have an autistic chimpanzee driving against mario andretti, the GT-ONE would leave the GTO in its dust.  It was a good way to essentially double the number of cars in the game, but detracted something from the reality of it all.  

In GT3, there is no rice rocket (1100Hp skylines and such) that can run against the comparable race cars, and I like that.  Add to this the fact that you can now tune up most of your race cars, and you have a more realistic game.  Anybody else's thoughts?

Back