No signal after installing GPU driver

Germany
Black Forest
GTRP_RennPanda
R3nnPanda
I have no idea where to turn to and I can't be bothered to register another account. Additionally, we do have quite a lot of smart people around here, so I'll just ask here I guess!
I hope I'm allowed to create this sort of thread here, otherwise - sorry!

Alright, so recently, my GTX780 has been acting up. First, there were small blue, horizontal stripes that were scattered all across the screen (only after Windows 10 booted up and only when the background consisted of darker colours. Games and even videos (one second in the video needed about 7-10sec in real life) ran horribly as well. I did a VRAM test, as well as a Malwarebytes scan - neither of which showed any unusual results. Reinstalling drivers didn't help at all. I then decided to reinstall my system. Everything showed up perfectly, up until I began installing the GPU drivers - after which, the card didn't bother with putting out a signal at all (neither through any of the DVI nor the HDMI port). Google didn't throw up anything specific (considering that trying to word my issue is a bit difficult, I can't blame the algorithm), but I did read somewhere that my GPU might be on its last legs. I really hope this is not the case, as I really can't afford a new GPU (even though I am looking for a job, it's a bit difficult actually finding one).
What I would like to try, but can't, is either another GPU in my PC or my GPU in a different PC. Both options are a bit difficult due to "a lack of resources", so to say. I wish I could work with the CPU's GPU - but as it doesn't have one, this isn't an option either.

Having that PC would be quite nifty as I can barely run Firefox on this laptop that I'm currently using, so doing graphic design or anything along those lines would be suicidal.

Does anybody have any suggestions what else I could try? Or maybe do you even know what might be the issue here? Anyways, any form of help is greatly appreciated!

It's a long shot but my 770 was acting up for quite a wile until I got it sorted out last November:
TB
After about a year of (very) on and off trying to get my GTX 770 working, and thinking it was dead dead, I finally got it running tonight! Turns out all I ultimately needed to do was uninstall Virtu MVP and restart. :dunce:

Hello, full screen Netflix, so long 1366x768!
As good a place as any to start.

I have a 750. There was one time when a bajillion blue squares laced itself onto my screen, almost like a checkerboard pattern.

Funny thing was that it wouldn't show up after logging into the computer, but would only act up if I did something like opening something on the taskbar.

Couldn't see anything, so I powered it off, plugged my video cable into the integrated video ports, powered it on. No issues to my surprise, but this would likely mean it was the video card being weird. I open up my MSI Afterburner, and noticed the OC settings were maxed out! I guess I must've did that accidentally earlier, so I set it back to default. And rebooted with the video back in the video card. All fixed.

Don't know if that's what you're having too, but your description sounded similar to my situation.

Back