No slots to save car settings?! DAMMIT!! (surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet)

  • Thread starter Thread starter PyroZona
  • 16 comments
  • 4,016 views
Messages
56
Messages
AzPyro / GTP_PyroZona
Messages
WTF? Is that like a PSP?
Ok, in Prologue, for each car's settings, you had an A, B and C "slot" at the top of the page. This allowed you to have three different ready-to-go setups for each car. I loved that. Figured it'd be a no-brainer to include it in GT5. But noooooOOOOoooooooo...if you wanna setup your car differently for the 'Ring than for LaSarthe, you either have to remember them or get out yer ol' faithful pen & paper to record them manually. UGGGGHHHH!!

Please don't tell me I'm stupid and just haven't found how to save multiple setups for each car now, LOL! Anyone else notice/miss this? Hopefully this will be remedied in a not-so-distant future update.

Pyro
 
Yea, this is as much of a problem as not being able to have multiple save files. What if one day you wanna play again, but rather not delete? You're screwed, just like you're screwed if you don't remember your settings 100%. Kinda sucks, but hey, maybe in GT6? ROFL... Perhaps a patch though, would be great.
 
The tuning options are not as amenable to this approach as GT5P though.

I liked the simple tweak, save and see how it runs approach of GT5P - also, you didn't need to pay to keep changing things. It was relatively easy to tweak gearing, suspension and aero settings to make a car competitive on a particular track
 
Yeah I noticed that as well. It was good to have a car with its rally/dirt settings, and then another with tarmac/race settings.

Didn't there used to be a ballast weight option in GT3 or 4?
 
Well, they also had it in GT4, if you remember. Three setup slots for each car.
 
I agree, it was a nice feature in Prologue. I also wish there was the ability to set your driving options ONE time and have it save for all of your cars unless you want to change it again. I hate being forced to turn off all aids every time I drive a new car.
 
Prologue was way better than GT5, I'll admit but it was Mickey Mouse garbage compared to GT4 where you saved the setup, per car, per tack which is the only way I actually want to run a setup. This one-size-fits all rubbish is retarded as are most of the downgraded features in prologue/gt5.

It strikes me PD are on a slippery slope of feature removal and have been since GT3

Now we're at the stage where we can't adjust gear ratios or upgrade the brakes. What's next? GT6 - no setups at all? After the longest development cycle this game has the most rushed out the door feel of any of the series. Hell, even Prologue felt more finished than this.

Hopefully they'll release some decent patches over the next couple of years but I'm not holding my breath.
 
Prologue was way better than GT5, I'll admit but it was Mickey Mouse garbage compared to GT4 where you saved the setup, per car, per tack which is the only way I actually want to run a setup. This one-size-fits all rubbish is retarded as are most of the downgraded features in prologue/gt5.

It strikes me PD are on a slippery slope of feature removal and have been since GT3

Now we're at the stage where we can't adjust gear ratios or upgrade the brakes. What's next? GT6 - no setups at all? After the longest development cycle this game has the most rushed out the door feel of any of the series. Hell, even Prologue felt more finished than this.

Hopefully they'll release some decent patches over the next couple of years but I'm not holding my breath.

word! 👍
 
Now we're at the stage where we can't adjust gear ratios or upgrade the brakes

Come again? I haven't gotten around to putting a fully customisable gear box in anything yet... But what do you mean we can't change the ratios? Is it just final that we can change?

If that's the case a slippery slope indeed.

And to the OP who brought this up, top man. I have just had to de-tune my Lancia so I can take it rallying, but need to re-tune it when I have lunch so my B-Spec drivers can take her out... PD should patch this surely?
 
Why only 3 slots?
That's a flaw I always saw in GT4.
Now we have HDs inside consoles. Upgradable HDs. Let us create as many setups as we like for each car, and name them. You can have a Nurb setup, a le Mans set up, an oval setup, etc.

Why not?
Doesn't sound too hard to implement.
 
Well it has been mentioned, and indeed it's another step back from what was available in GT5 Prologue.
Buying and adjusting parts in the current way is fine and dandy, but I greatly preferred Prologue's Quick Tune menu. All you settings at a glance, no need to go into several submenu's.

And yes, they should definitely add custom profiles to be stored, instead of A-B-C (that are currently missing)

GT5 shipped as half a product.
 
This would be nice to have, used it a lot in Forza 3, saved different trim and tune setups for each car, would love to see something like that in GT5.
 
For cheap/available cars, just buy another colour and 'tune' that.
 
Yeah me too! Right now I'm stuck having one good setup and I dare not change it in case I lose it (should just write all the settings down on a piece of paper).
 
It's just like : A-B-C .... :sly:
 
Tuning Settings, NEED MOAR SLIDERS! I need more arbirary settings to customise and make it more undrivable to anyone but myself!
I really liked that A,B,C presets system.
 
Carazy gt.p was more polished than gt5 I'm convinced of that. The STD and tuned car races were better too. I wish I hadn'tlost my save game when i went ps3 slim
 
Back