No tuning in GT PSP? How do you drift?

• Thread starter GT Motion
  • 12 comments
GT-Motion
There is no option to upgrade your cars? I am trying to have some fun with drifting but I cant modify my cars, and the 400hp Falken FC RX7 does not feel like 400hp. In a real 400hp drift car you are able to pull insane drifts and keep the tires spinning without bogging down, and you can be on decent sticky tires.

Without the ability to tune a car, and the drift cars not feeling like real drift cars what am I missing? Is there an option somewhere I am missing?

I am adjusting the tires, turning all aids off, turning TC and ASM off, and on professional controls. The car boggs like crazy when at full accel, a real 400hp rx7 would rip the tires loose through 3rd gear and hold long drifts without slowing to 35mph.

Add the car to your favourites list, you'll get a quick tune option for it then. Its not very extensive though.

You can add the car to your favorites (press Triangle on it in your car collection) and that will allow you to use the Quick Tune feature on it. You can then adjust suspension settings (toe, camber, spring rate, damping, etc.) on the car options screen before starting the drift trial.

In drift mode, you can also adjust the weight and power of the car.

haha as the others have mentioned its too easy to drift in this game. i can drift almost any rear wheel drive car plus the 4wd even on the autumn ring mini. just takes practice, S2 tires in front and S1 tires in the rear.

Hey all wasn't sure where to ask this.
What is the points system like now? any different from gt5p?
does it reward using n1's and going slow but staying
on the racing line?
are the scores set in different tire classes or not? is there all of the tyre types?
I noticed you can now do full lap drift trials.
thats good but now it seems like you could get a massive score for
doing manji on the blue line for the whole track?

@GT Motion
what tires are you using on the rx7?
i had trouble with this car on gt4 it just has no torque i feel.
Cant comment on GTPSP yet....

Last edited:
Most best car to drift in in GT PSP is the 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Rally car, this thing is drift happy big time, does quite well in it, kinda like Ken Block style:mischievous:

I am talking about a real drift not just a slide and get points, I am taking about max speed perfect line, hit the clipping point, good exit. This game gives you points just for breaking the tires loose. If you try to drift for real it just seems off.

Real drift IS slide to get points. It's what real life drifting events are all about. The judges don't give a flying toss about what lines you take or what speed you go. All they'll base their judgment on is what angle you drift your car, how much smoke you make, and how long you can keep the drift.

@ CaptCalvin
D1 judges use speed cameras to compare speeds.
If your speed is down you would loose points.
If you miss the apex by more than 1 foot you loose points.
Line and speed are THE most important thing in my opinion.
smoke is irrelevant what about the AE86?
they dont make much smoke yet
can still win based on speed and angle and good racing lines.

Back