No tuning in GT Sport like previous GT versions.

• Thread starter JMSA540
  • 26 comments
Guys,

Am I the only one that's upset that there isn't actual tuning in Sport? Remember, in the other games you could go to the tuning shop and slap on a turbo or supercharger and up your car's Power? Now, it's literally a "slider" for more power. That's lame.

What happened to oil changes and car washes?!

Eh, i mean you still get the same effect either way, some exhaust options would''ve been nice, even if only for asthetic value. If anything i would just like them to amplify the turbo/supercharger sounds a bit. You can barely hear them.

I mean it is nice at the start saving up for your new parts and stuff but later on when you buy a new car and you have to go through the tune shop buying every component, I can see why its not essential.

So, there won't be upgrades to the N. Cars like the MiTo?

There are, but not in the same save-your-credits-and-buy-upgraded-parts way as before. Now, you deal with Mileage points. Spend some, and magically, your car's horsepower and weight can be altered across a greater range than they could before.

Aftermarket wheels can still be fitted, but I don't believe wings or splitters are an option.

There are, but not in the same save-your-credits-and-buy-upgraded-parts way as before. Now, you deal with Mileage points. Spend some, and magically, your car's horsepower and weight can be altered across a greater range than they could before.

Aftermarket wheels can still be fitted, but I don't believe wings or splitters are an option.

Correct, but this just doesn't have the same "feel" to it as previous versions.

I mean it is nice at the start saving up for your new parts and stuff but later on when you buy a new car and you have to go through the tune shop buying every component, I can see why its not essential.

Honestly, now that I remember that; it did get pretty annoying having to go through each and every modification to do the full upgrade. That got old quick!

Guys,

Am I the only one that's upset that there isn't actual tuning in Sport? Remember, in the other games you could go to the tuning shop and slap on a turbo or supercharger and up your car's Power? Now, it's literally a "slider" for more power. That's lame.

What happened to oil changes and car washes?!

I actually hated the tuning. How can you compare track times with cars that have 500 more HP than other people?
It’s more fun to have identical cars and see who the better DRIVER is!!

I’m actually okay with this, as long as I can still modify the suspension (ride height, dampers, sway bars, camber angle, and toe angle), the transmission (individual gear ratios, including reverse gear!), the differential (sensitivity), and the downforce.

I didn't really look at upgrading cars in the demo.

How does that work in singleplayer and multiplayer?

I know in GT6 there were "PI" zones for career races, e.g. a race would be up to 450 PI or something. So it was advisable to race with a car at that 450 PI limit. You could either grab a car under it and increase power, or a car over it and decrease power.

Is it like that in GT:S for arcade races? Or do AI cars automatically use the PI your car has? Kinda like FH3 where the AI just scales towards you.

As for multiplayer I saw some yellow "BOP" in some lobbies. I know what BOP is in real life but how exactly is it applied in multiplayer? And is there a differcence between Sport mode and lobbies?

That's still good. If a roll cage be can added, even better. More as a production racer, than a Gr.4.

Correct, but this just doesn't have the same "feel" to it as previous versions.
I just wonder if this has to do with the data PD gathered from player activity in GT5 & 6. As in Shuffle races and no tune rooms.

I actually hated the tuning. How can you compare track times with cars that have 500 more HP than other people?
It’s more fun to have identical cars and see who the better DRIVER is!!
I don't recall any events in GT5 or GT6 in which tuning was unlimited.

Wings and roll cages should be an option for the Gr.N cars - at least special versions of the car in the Mileage Exchange. Right? I mean.. What happened to the Gr.N Miata with roll cage and wing? :nervous: For once this was a car I was looking forward to drive.. The normal Gr.N Miata is too twitchy. I was looking forward to a more planted version..

This is the only aspect of GTS that is letting me down, I loved tuning the road cars to my taste in past GT titles.

I still can't believe they removed such an important feature of the game!

This is the only aspect of GTS that is letting me down, I loved tuning the road cars to my taste in past GT titles.

I still can't believe they removed such an important feature of the game!

You're telling me. Going to make drag virtually impossible :banghead:

There's loads of parameters to tune, just not any upgrades in the way of installing new parts to give more power.

I don't recall any events in GT5 or GT6 in which tuning was unlimited.

They might as well have been, for all the difference they made and how easy they were to work around. I lost count of the number of times I optimized my car within the allowed criteria, and ended up in first place from near the back of the grid by the 3rd or 4th corner.

They might as well have been, for all the difference they made and how easy they were to work around. I lost count of the number of times I optimized my car within the allowed criteria, and ended up in first place from near the back of the grid by the 3rd or 4th corner.
It sounds like you are talking about very slow AI which is a different issue altogether.

As long as I can do setup work then im fine with it, to me thats where the fun is. Couldn't care less about buying parts and applying them. It's very cliche to me after 20 years of playing racing games like this.

Last edited:
Back