NO vtec, LIFT, Mivec and other forms of VVT.

  • Thread starter Thread starter iNoob
  • 9 comments
  • 4,064 views
Messages
50
Messages
I_live4rice
I haven't bitched about this yet, but I'm sure it has been picked up.

I had a corolla sportivo (similar to the RUNX with the 2zzge) along with a Zze Celica (2zzge) and agrred with a few mates that I'll purchase their cars they drive in real life and have a bit of a muck around.

I proceed to buy the Honda Prelude Type S (h22)
CRX desol (b16)
S2000 (f20)

Only to find, there is no bloody vtec kick/form of variable valve timing.

I mean, all they could have done is ampliy the volume at the cross over point but, seriously...

It's a small thing but such a shame. Pretty sure a patch could easily 'fix' this.

/rant


Matt.
 
try it on an uphill (or something that puts more load on the engine), it's much more noticeable.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Have you modded the cars you're testing? An engine tune could disable VVT in place of larger cams. Whichever one does head porting is probably the tuning stage that does it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit i was expecting more, my first car was the Civic Type R EK 97, and even standard, i didnt notice any vtec kicking in y0
 
It is there - you just can't hear it because the cars were never recorded under load.

Time how long it takes the car to go from 4-5k compared to 6-7k. It really leaps up after the changeover, as it does in reality (H22A here - not in the game, but feh).
 
Vvtli lift does seem to work as in the power band is weighted to Bo top heavy and revs definitely increase faster above 6000rpm. I drive a 2zz corolla myself daily and you can feel a larger kick than is felt in game.
 
Vvtli lift does seem to work as in the power band is weighted to Bo top heavy and revs definitely increase faster above 6000rpm. I drive a 2zz corolla myself daily and you can feel a larger kick than is felt in game.

I think the problem is in the car you actually feel it whereas in the game all you're looking for is an increase in the acceleration of scenery. Sound issues aside I bet they modelled it perfectly.
 
Vvtli lift does seem to work as in the power band is weighted to Bo top heavy and revs definitely increase faster above 6000rpm. I drive a 2zz corolla myself daily and you can feel a larger kick than is felt in game.

Yeah the 2zzge does put out quite hard when it hits LIFT.

I mean, for all I know the modelling could be perfect, why not just make it louder.

Seriously, hit vtec/lift down the street with a full exhaust/extractors and a decent intake and everyone turns around to see what the hell is going on :)
 
Speaking of which, the 08 Civic Type R has a normal horn. Does the Civic Type R have a different horn from those sold in the USA? My 08 Civic EX Coupe and my friends 07 4 Door Si' horns sound like little road runners lol. (I bring this up since you're speaking of VTec and I'm a Honda fanboy haha)
 
498395686_74bd9674db.jpg
 
Back