No way to turn on headlights?

• Thread starter Anxyous
  • 29 comments
Anxyous
Is it really true that there's no way to turn on the headlights in the game?

I know it's possible in races, where PD has already decided that the lights should be on - then you can turn them on or off.

But in races, where the lights are off, all you can do is flash the lights. And in the LMP cars, this only amounts to a pathethic flashing that makes it look as if the bulbs are busted.

Is there really no way to just turn them on?

Anxyous
Is it really true that there's no way to turn on the headlights in the game?

I know it's possible in races, where PD has already decided that the lights should be on - then you can turn them on or off.

But in races, where the lights are off, all you can do is flash the lights. And in the LMP cars, this only amounts to a pathethic flashing that makes it look as if the bulbs are busted.

Is there really no way to just turn them on?

R1, usually buy some cars automatically come and and may not have high beams.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the point using during the day? lol they only turn on nighttime, late evening and during races that it is raining

Actually, many cars have their headlights on 100% of the time. They're called "daytime running lights", and somehow they're supposed to make it easier for people to see you. During the day. In bright sun.

Don't ask me who thought it was a good idea, and I disabled them on my own personal vehicle, but it was pretty popular for a while. If one wanted to recreate said realistic effect, one would have to hold down the R1 button for a very long time.

What's the point using during the day? lol they only turn on nighttime, late evening and during races that it is raining

They don't necessarily turn on in the morning or evening.

Actually, many cars have their headlights on 100% of the time. They're called "daytime running lights", and somehow they're supposed to make it easier for people to see you. During the day. In bright sun.

Don't ask me who thought it was a good idea, and I disabled them on my own personal vehicle, but it was pretty popular for a while. If one wanted to recreate said realistic effect, one would have to hold down the R1 button for a very long time.

It's required by law in some countries... Like this one.

Anybody thought about checking their button assignments?💡

Nothing there.

Anybody thought about checking their button assignments?💡

Thank you, Professor Liebenstraum :D

You CAN'T turn the lights to 'on' at any time. They're either on or off by default.

You CAN flash the high beams at any time. If you're at a track where the lights are set to 'on' by the game (i.e. Nurburgring or time-change tracks after a certain time) then you can flash the lights or toggle between high/low beam.

I remember a discussion at another forum before the launch of FM3. I actually ran a poll to find out who'd use daytime running lights in races.

From the comments it was clear that it was something that seemed a strange idea to many US users but perfectly reasonable to many Euro users. I can't generalise from that, of course, but it seems that we Europeans are the only people who would run with our lights ON even in daytime races.

Having the lights on during daytime racing wouldn't add anything to the game. I'm more focused on my driving not whether my lights are on or off :lol:

I've run a couple of night races where the headlights for my car simply didn't come on, despite the icon showing up. Maybe I was doin' it wrong.

The Bugatti Veyron's headlights are ALWAYS on, even when its sitting in your garage. You CANT turn them off. Look and see, pay attention to the sidemarker lights. the headlights are a dead giveaway. Drives me nuts as to why they are on all the time but it is what it is.

It depends on the car. If you're on a time change course and it's around sunrise/sunset or raining, an NSX RM's lights can be toggled with whatever button you have it mapped to (R1 for most of us). I'm sure that isn't the only car.

I think i've turned them off on the nurb at night before, following the tailights was quite hard. As for turning them on in the day i don't think you can, except for on the rally special events. If you had the lights turned on in the previous race they come on in rally mode, even in midday sunlight!

Or in ANY other condition where most idiots don't bother to turn on their headlights despite the fact that it makes THEM way more noticable to other drivers. Such as when they're driving a light grey car in the beginnings of a blizzard around Chicagoland. Yesterday.

I think daytime running lights were a great idea.

Ok to clear up the confusion, you can FLASH your headlights in the daytime but ONLY in premium cars. You press R1 and they will stay on for as long as you're holding R1 down. I just found this out today so I havent had a chance to test the high/low beams at night.

the suzuki v6 escudo pikes peak special haev no flashlight no **** **** this game driving full lap on complete dark on nurburing were i coudnt see my car at all i follow the line indicator this game is simply garbage i would never play gt again if im not after platinium trophy i would never bother playing **** game

the suzuki v6 escudo pikes peak special haev no flashlight no **** **** this game driving full lap on complete dark on nurburing were i coudnt see my car at all i follow the line indicator this game is simply garbage i would never play gt again if im not after platinium trophy i would never bother playing **** game
Just don't drive the suzuki v6 escudo pikes peak at night.

The Escudo Pikes Peak doesn’t have headlights.

SUZUKI-V6-ESCUDO-PIKES-PEAK-SPECIAL-1998.jpg

Other cars you should avoid driving at night are the Nascars and the Formula Gran Turismo.

Do you have 2 trophies that were only obtainable when online was available?
If not than don't bother if you don't like the game.
Also if you have them you still need to do all in game progress... I don't see why would someone who doesn't like the game do that.. If you are lvl 35 aspec, try do Vettel Challenges, if you are not fast enough to get golds than also don't bother to play it anymore..

The game is garbage because YOU chose to drive a car at night with no headlights? That’s on you.
What are you bloody talking about and I did not say I drive a car at night without headlights, so please get your facts right.

The game is garbage because YOU chose to drive a car at night with no headlights? That’s on you, not the game. The car has no headlights in real life as already stated in this thread.

So avoid using Nascars, F1`s, Chaparral 2J, FGT etc. at night and you`ll be fine. Tbh, i remember back in the GT5 lobbies i would drive cars with no headlights just for the fun of it hahaha:D. Once had a race with the Ferrari F1 cars at night on Nurburgring, good times.

Back