No Wonder Vettel always wins :(

• Thread starter iHealy
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
Coventry
iHealy
Healy1101
Im on 3rd season at Hungary racing for Lotus Renault...

Qualified on Pole with Vettel in 2nd 0.023 seconds off my time.

I do 20% Race distance (14 laps for Hungary) on Legend so one pitstop is compulsory to use both the option and prime tyres.

So I'm in 1st by about 11 seconds ahead of Vettel, Alonso and Massa then another 26 seconds behind is Button in 5th (Because he has pitted) None of us top 4 pitted and I got the rule reminder on lap 12 saying must use prime tires. So end of lap 12 I go and get my primes on and come out in 4th with VET, ALO, MAS all carrying on with their super softs.

At first I though they'll come in the next lap and Ill get first back but no so halfway round lap 14 (last lap) I got 2nd place back from the ferraris having no grip on their tires no more but Vettel finished in 1st and I had to settle for 2nd. I was confident at first that the other would get DSQ or a grid drop but the results stand.

I took a picture of the race director bit on the last straight of the last lap to show pitstops etc and also the results at the end for evidence.

Any Ideas why or how this has happened? First real surprise Ive had from F1 apart from the penalty decisions :grumpy: Thanks in advance 👍

What does it mean to be the number 1 driver in a team and do you get updates faster then your team mate?

I do 20% Race distance (14 laps for Hungary) on Legend so one pitstop is compulsory to use both the option and prime tyres.

So I'm in 1st by about 11 seconds ahead of Vettel, Alonso and Massa then another 26 seconds behind is Button in 5th (Because he has pitted) None of us top 4 pitted and I got the rule reminder on lap 12 saying must use prime tires. So end of lap 12 I go and get my primes on and come out in 4th with VET, ALO, MAS all carrying on with their super softs.

At first I though they'll come in the next lap and Ill get first back but no so halfway round lap 14 (last lap) I got 2nd place back from the ferraris having no grip on their tires no more but Vettel finished in 1st and I had to settle for 2nd. I was confident at first that the other would get DSQ or a grid drop but the results stand.

I took a picture of the race director bit on the last straight of the last lap to show pitstops etc and also the results at the end for evidence.

Any Ideas why or how this has happened? First real surprise Ive had from F1 apart from the penalty decisions :grumpy: Thanks in advance 👍

My first thought would be that the AI used primes first and then options second but to my knowledge, I've never seen the AI start on primes so it was probably a glitch.

edit: I re-read your post and the AI didn't pit at all? That's weird and that's definitely a glitch. I haven't seen the AI not pit in any race I've run in F1 2010 or F1 2011. Weird.

Last edited:
What does it mean to be the number 1 driver in a team and do you get updates faster then your team mate?

Yes. Oh and you're setting the R&D path, so you're able to tailor the car around your needs. :)

Ive got the pictures on my phone which I will upload tomorrow when i get my link cable back ... I just want to try and not pit at spa now but I'll probably get DQ knowing my luck

They didnt pit at all?? What the heck, thats ridiculous. Why doesnt the game register that they didnt pit? Even in some instnaces, when other AI take each other out, they don't get penalties, but when i lose control of the car and try correcting it, and get hit from behind i get slapped a 20 sec penalty for unsportsmen like behaviour, what am i supposed to park it in the wall??

They didnt pit at all?? What the heck, thats ridiculous. Why doesnt the game register that they didnt pit? Even in some instnaces, when other AI take each other out, they don't get penalties, but when i lose control of the car and try correcting it, and get hit from behind i get slapped a 20 sec penalty for unsportsmen like behaviour, what am i supposed to park it in the wall??

That is too true. It happens to me all the time when I spin out.

This happened to me in my first season at Hungary as well. Haven't been there in season 2 as of yet but it might not just be a weird one-off...

I see the non-pitting AI from F1 2010 has reared it's ugly head again.

BTW what the hell were you doing running on options until the penultimate lap? Were your tyres not ruined? I assumed at first that tyre wear mustn't have been switched on but then you said about Alonso falling back because of his tyres being worn out???

I see the non-pitting AI from F1 2010 has reared it's ugly head again.

Had that today...Rosberg did 28 laps on options without a pit stop. Yet, he had quite a queue behind him when I went to lap him. I lapped everyone placed 18th to 7th in one go. Legend AI...yeah, what kind of legend are we talking about? :grumpy:

This has happened about 3 times in my Co-op career, but with Webber instead, funnily enough one of the times this happened was around Hungary as well... "/

Back