Subaru Impreza STI D1GP Nobushige Kumakubo 2014

• Thread starter MadFlavour
  • 6 comments

MadFlavour

(Banned)
United Kingdom
UK
nobushige-kumakubo-subaru-wrx-gdb.jpg

"Kumakubo is currently competing in the European Drift Championship in his Subaru Impreza STI."
Since GT is a sponsor of the D1GP and all cars advertise GT with decals on their windshields it would make sense to include more cars from the D1GP.
Click 'Like' to support this suggestion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this was the first AWD car to be converted to RWD. You would think you could just pull out the front diff and related parts and call it a day, but oh no, all new parts have to be put in the car. So why the hell anyone thought that was a good idea has to be nuts.

I also remember this car from GRiD, I still prefered the S15 (felt better balanced), but that car with Nobushige Kumakubo at the wheel was always in the final round (my team-mate usually never got past the semi-finals). He lost every time, but still.

Last edited:
I ain't too good with Photoshop lol and mine has a 2j
If I remember correctly, Kumakubo ran a JUN built EJ20 which the displacement was bumped to 2.5L, nick name as EJ25 and out-putted about 550ps. He changed to the Impreza, because he couldn't deal w/ the constant shift changes for the S15 (both cars had Holinger I-Pattern Sequential units, but S15 had to change so much because of the fishy rear).

Back