Non-Expiring Seasonals

• Thread starter luv2drive
  • 8 comments
United States
California
GTP_luv2drive
There are basically two types of Seasonal Events in GT - "hot lap" aka "time trial" events where you race against the clock and others across the globe, and then "race" events, where you race against AI opponents at different PP levels.

In GT5, these latter "race" events would never expire; however, with GT6 all Seasonal Events seem to expire after 2 weeks.

Many of us would enjoy going back to these "race" seasonals many weeks or months later and still get continued enjoyment out of them as they has a certain combination of track / car specifications that we enjoy. The recent Nurburgring Nordschliefe event was an example of one that many of us were sad to see disappear after a short two weeks.

Is there any possibility to return to this same format in GT6 where the "race" Seasonals never expire?

Yes, 100%. Altho' login bonus and a seasonal's decent-ish payouts plus this means undermining The Evil Micro Transaction.....so they might not bite. :irked:

Yes, 100%. Altho' login bonus and a seasonal's decent-ish payouts plus this means undermining The Evil Micro Transaction.....so they might not bite. :irked:

The "new" seasonals still have decent payouts so you can grind either way. The only difference is if they don't let them expire there will be much more variety to choose from... what can be bad about that?

First, they need to have it where you can do the events again to get more money (aka money grinding).

You can. For 2 weeks at a time at any rate. Just having 2 tracks does get boring, though...

First, they need to have it where you can do the events again to get more money (aka money grinding).

Well, to be honest, I'd like repeats with or without payout. I don't race/drive exclusively for profits and new cars. I got pretty bored with that back in GT5. As for microtransactions, well, imo, they can stuff those where the sun don't shine.

Back