Non Racing Car Drift Trial: Apricot Hill Raceway / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Non Racing Car Drift Trial: Apricot Hill Raceway / Reverse

0AcFEtx.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 6/11/2014 – 20/11/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 6/11/2014 – 4/12/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
PP: 500 or less
Tyres: Sports Hard or less
Categories: Normal Car

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 115,000
Silver: Cr. 50,000
Bronze: Cr. 28,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT GUNMETAL 006-W paint chip

Target Score:
Gold: 5,100
Silver: 4,000
Bronze: 3,200

TC, ASM & SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Apricot Hill Raceway / Reverse
Track Length: 2.40 miles / 3862 m
Time of day: *
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time scoring drift points. I'm drifting as usual but not registering any significant points, like mid to low 100s per sector. Any tips for a beginner drifter?

Well I was able to gold. The entries into the corners seem to be more important than other drift challenges. Also the amount of angle of the car is important as well. Sector 3 is difficult to judge!

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time scoring drift points. I'm drifting as usual but not registering any significant points, like mid to low 100s per sector. Any tips for a beginner drifter?

Well I was able to gold. The entries into the corners seem to be more important than other drift challenges. Also the amount of angle of the car is important as well. Sector 3 is difficult to judge!

Yes, this is annoying - I haven't had a serious attempt yet but it does seem awkward.

I've tried the Subaru 360, Volvo 240 and an FD RX-7. Best score was with the Subaru! Still 1000 short of Gold.

I'm not the best of drifters out there but an easy gold was with my Chrysler 300 C Ya Later car... I enter each sector rather slowly at around 85 - 90 km/h and let the car do the work with CH tires.

LVz7PmE.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
Did it with a Power Limited stock Corvette prototype. I find modern stock Vettes to be incredibly easy to drift being a low-ranking beginner at drifting myself. So far I've cleared four different seasonals with them.

Anybody got a good tune for this, tried at least 10 different cars and tunes and can't seemed to get higher then bronze!!! I'm usual alright at drifts but this 1 dammnn!

Back