Noob Drifting Question

• Thread starter Philipriv
  • 4 comments
ManUtdFan10
Hey guys I'm trying to learn how to drift... I have many cars unlocked and just need some suggestions....

What cars are best for beginner drifting? And which cars the best in general?

What is the minimum Traction Control setting recommended? (if not off)

And just any other general tips for drift spacific tuning that will help me out...

thanks!

Have no fear, Dragon is here. Firstly get that TCS off, you won't drift with it, also turn ASM off. Start you're drifting career on Suzuka East (if you want to drift lap after lap, start a single race in arcade and just put yourself against slow cars). Settings are relatively meaningless in drifting without car control, however learning to drift you need a reasonably powerful car of about 400-450bhp to start off with, then increase the power once you've got that nailed (you'll never NEED much morethen 500 accept for fun i use some 700bhp cars :sly:). The other important thing set up wise is tires, if you want lots of points N1/N1 is usually the way, but if you don't care about points i recommend S2/S2 or S1/S1 as some people find them easier to drift with, ideally try both find which you think is easier and use those til you feel comfortable with them.

The key with drifting is practice, no set up will make, you a good drifter.

Back