noob question Maclaren MP4 tires burn out

  • Thread starter Thread starter trickae
  • 4 comments
  • 1,625 views
Messages
8
I've been grinding with my maclaren MP4-12c '10 and now I noticed at level 16 my tires don't last 1 race. I changed this over to racing hard tires for added durability but it did no good.

Usually by lap 2 of any race my tires start smoking and the tire indicator goes nuts for the rightmost back tire.

Is there anything I can do?

I have the maclaren fully moded to pump out 877 BHP and can reach top speeds of 370 for the supercar daytona professional map on A - spec
 
I've been grinding with my maclaren MP4-12c '10 and now I noticed at level 16 my tires don't last 1 race. I changed this over to racing hard tires for added durability but it did no good.

Usually by lap 2 of any race my tires start smoking and the tire indicator goes nuts for the rightmost back tire.

Is there anything I can do?

I have the maclaren fully moded to pump out 877 BHP and can reach top speeds of 370 for the supercar daytona professional map on A - spec

877bhp in a rear wheel drive car that doesn't weigh much - that's the problem and answer.

Try racing soft tyres, but...

Use less throttle in lower gears (or don't give 100% throttle in lower gears), or use a bit of traction control or even reduce the power of the car.

Yes, suspension settings, racing soft tyres and Limited Slip Differential settings will help but these will not be a magic cure, you have too much power or you are using too much throttle.

Try the Tuning section of this forum to look for tunes for this car aswell.
 
Last edited:
If you have been using the car a lot, made no changes and this is a recent thing then most likely you need to refresh the chassis.
 
If you have been using the car a lot, made no changes and this is a recent thing then most likely you need to refresh the chassis.

👍 This. Same thing happened to me. You'll notice it a lot with high mileage cars especially; out of the blue your car will suddenly begin to drive like you're on a cobblestone road even though it's on smooth racing tarmac.
 
Back