Noob Questions For Prologue Experts

bleakerthanyou
I've been playing Prologue with my G27 on pro physics with all assists turned off, trying to get the hang of it and prepare myself for some real races, and also for my GT5 preorder to come in.
I noticed when I went to join an online race...The box for the physics model was set to standard and greyed out. Are all the races online limited to standard physics? This seems counterintuitive since I've put a bit of effort into controlling the car with pro physics. It seems like standard physics make it impossible for the back end of the car to break loose by accident. No big deal but I'd like to be able to do some races online with other players all on pro physics.

Also, how realistic can I expect the quick tune options to be?

That is, if I'm racing a stock Z06 against a tuned Z06 with higher horsepower and tweaked settings, will the tuned car have an obvious advantage over the stock one?

One last question: I'm trying to master cornering and I've also spent some time learning to drift and I'm getting better, but on HSR for instance...when I hit the corners, although I seem to be able to take them reasonably tight...I can't seem to take them at any decent speed without tirespin the for the entire corner. If I slow enough to eliminate spin, it seems as though i'm just crawling and I get passed by everyone.

Any help on these matters is greatly appreciated. Can't wait for GT5!

I've been playing Prologue with my G27 on pro physics with all assists turned off, trying to get the hang of it and prepare myself for some real races, and also for my GT5 preorder to come in.
I noticed when I went to join an online race...The box for the physics model was set to standard and greyed out. Are all the races online limited to standard physics? This seems counterintuitive since I've put a bit of effort into controlling the car with pro physics. It seems like standard physics make it impossible for the back end of the car to break loose by accident. No big deal but I'd like to be able to do some races online with other players all on pro physics.

That is, if I'm racing a stock Z06 against a tuned Z06 with higher horsepower and tweaked settings, will the tuned car have an obvious advantage over the stock one?

One last question: I'm trying to master cornering and I've also spent some time learning to drift and I'm getting better, but on HSR for instance...when I hit the corners, although I seem to be able to take them reasonably tight...I can't seem to take them at any decent speed without tirespin the for the entire corner. If I slow enough to eliminate spin, it seems as though i'm just crawling and I get passed by everyone.

Any help on these matters is greatly appreciated. Can't wait for GT5!

Hey

a) the amount of detail in the full GT5 game means every single jump in modification (getting a better muffler, for example) is going to make an incrimental different, so there should be a difference between stock and tuned, in the way they behave

b) did you ever get a chance to try the time trial demo? I tried it briefly, and its way different than prologue...keep in mind that game came out a few years ago and the GT team have made significant improvements in terms of physics, so its essentiall a new ballgame for you and your G27..and I have no doubt its going to be 10 times better than the experience your having on prologue, and also look for detailed information on this site about drifting in the full GT5 when it comes out, i think everyone with a g27 is going to congregate here somewhere to discuss how to perfect their dricing in GT5

again, completly different experience than prologue interms of physics, throw out what you know and get ready for the drive of your life:tup:

I noticed when I went to join an online race...The box for the physics model was set to standard and greyed out. Are all the races online limited to standard physics?

All the beginner and Intermediate races online are on standard physics. Scroll down to the expert ones just before the time trials. Those are on professional.

Yes a tuned Z06 will have an advantage over a stock one. That is why in Prologue the races are mostly limited to specific performance points. We don't yet know how that will be handled in GT5

Back