"Noob" Questions

• Thread starter AGNT009
  • 6 comments
United States
Tennessee
AGNT009
I just bought myself a G29 wheel and the game. Ive played all the previous GT games with a wheel. Didnt have the money for a PS4 wheel until recently so Ive been gone a while. Played game 1st time today. Flew through the Beginner license and golded them all. I actually had to go look at reviews just now to reconfirm there is NO parts upgrading in this game, I was looking everywhere for it, thinking I needed to give my cars an oil change before driving them like the good ole days. WOW, what a change. I only paid $20 for the game, so I was willing to put some money into micro transactions. I immediately paid money for a Corvette C6 (my go-to early bread winner in past games) and a Aston Martin DB11, because I always have to have a Bond car. After buying the cars, then I went for the licenses and got 3 free cars. Got a gifted Ferrari F40! I was nearly going to pay for that. I do notice there are cars I cant just open my wallet for. With no parts to buy, I guess my question is what is some beginner advice for this game as far as where to spend money on what cars so I have a good base of cars for the most popular racing categories online, that I havnt looked at yet. Im willing to pay for the best in class, but what race types will be more accessible to me early on?

You use your mileage exchange points to buy "Level upgrades" for cars.

Level 1 can be as low as under 500 points for basic consumer cars like the GT86.

As high as 10,000 for $20 mil. cars.

Typically I might upgrade a cars power until it reaches a particular racing class ie. Lvl 2 might bring a car up to 370hp so I level it up at 343hp for N300 races.

Lower your weight too.

I do understand your frustration. I looked at the levelling system with the same disdain as noobs who harp on about a "stage 3 motec exhaust" like we're in NFS Underground or Fast n the Furious.

Especially in light of how Gran Turismo and Forza have had such a complex tuning system where you can buy exhausts cams intakes body trays and all the frills... and now GT SPort has a system from a mobile game.

But by the same token, I realise tuning to that parts granularity does not matter to the racing in the end.

To the race driver, you trust your engineer to do all the upgrades for you.

You need an N600 Porsche? Well its Level 2, it costs 2,000 points and it includes all the exhausts and injectors and cams and turbos and intercoolers you need.

It just puts all that detail in the background.

I would say a significant proportion of the GT Sport (and Forza) franchises have no interest nor need to grasp the tuning element so both of them are now trying to hide them from what is a larger casual audience.

I would not buy cars with micro transactions simply because there is no need for it, you can buy the same car with in game credits.

If you're in need of money like I am right now, I'm saving up for a $20,000,000 330P to enter the classic race car races in League, I found the perfect grinding race yesterday: On different threads in here the grinding race mentioned is a blue moon bay for N1000 cars, if you do that one in a N500 car (X-Bow) you can get a decent amount of credits, somewhere around 200,000 in 12 minutes, however yesterday I entered the Gr.1 race on Lago Maggiore with the Porsche 919 Hybrid, this turned out to be a very fun race AND an easy clean win which netted me a 330,000 pay because of the clean win, and it took me just a little over 14 minutes, at this rate I'll have enough cash for my 330P in a couple of evenings, I do about 4 races a night, I'm on 16,000,000 right now so only a few nights to go.

As for online, all races are available for you, my advise would be to buy a decent car in the classes you want to enter, for the Gr.3 and Gr.4 races you can also sign up with a manufacturer of your liking and they will supply the cars (both Gr.3 and Gr.4) you'll need for the races, it's a nice way to test out different cars for those classes. Bear in mind that you cannot change to a different manufacturer during a FIA season.

If you're into it also buy a Gr.2 and Gr.1 car and you can enter all the online races you want to.

On different threads in here the grinding race mentioned is a blue moon bay for N1000 cars, if you do that one in a N500 car (X-Bow) you can get a decent amount of credits, somewhere around 200,000 in 12 minutes, ...

Do it with the rx500 (n300), which i find a lot more controllable which will give you 250K and 375K with the nocontact-bonus.

Eventually you will get a lot of cars for free (daily mileage, finishing license, and track experience, ...), so keep your real world money in you pocket, unless you don't have any patience at all, and you want everyting now, now, now ;)

Yep. You should get most common cars during normal daily play. Save your money for cars you flat out dont get... eg. I got no Group C cars so I bought them all.

For the vast majority of play you get free cars on which to complete eg. F1500 and W08 and RBR Jnr. I got free.

Didnt get an X2014 or a 20 mil. so there's outliers you will have to pay for.

p78
Do it with the rx500 (n300), which i find a lot more controllable which will give you 250K and 375K with the nocontact-bonus.

Is the handicap bonus that high for that race, because the standard victory only pays 100,000? Didn't realize that the handicap bonus could be that high, I will definitely give the RX500 a try later today, on paper this oval race looks like it's going to be a lot of fun with it.

Yes it is, it's well worth it.
It's an n1000 race, so doing it in a n300 gives a good payout.
If i was a better driver, even n200 seems possible in the rx500, my best pace only granted me 4th place

Back