noobie question on data saves

  • Thread starter Thread starter celticfc
  • 6 comments
  • 689 views
Messages
48
Messages
polaristic
I read that the latest update allows for backing up of game saves. I would like to know if this includes cars acquired as well as trophies, credits etc. The reason I am asking is that I would like to re-load GT5 due to the fact that I think I screwed up the original load in that I think that I selected a default screen resolution of 1080i given that I am unable to change the screen settings in the menu. I am basing this on the fact that when I check the resolution on my TV it shows as being 1080i and not 1080P as I was expecting. Anyhoo, if someone can answer my questions regarding what data can be saved or better still, let me know why I cannot alter the screen settings that would be even better.


Thanks
 
Okay, Trophies are saved on PSN's servers, so they are safe.
When you back up your save by copying to a flash drive, such as a USB stick it saves everything, CRs, XP, cars, everything.

Check your PS3 is set to the correct screen resolution. On the XMB go to the far left, and loom for screen options. I'm not sure exactly where it is, but you will find it. You can manually change the screen or get the PS3 to auto detect available resolutions.

I hope that helps.
 
Okay, Trophies are saved on PSN's servers, so they are safe.
When you back up your save by copying to a flash drive, such as a USB stick it saves everything, CRs, XP, cars, everything.

Check your PS3 is set to the correct screen resolution. On the XMB go to the far left, and loom for screen options. I'm not sure exactly where it is, but you will find it. You can manually change the screen or get the PS3 to auto detect available resolutions.

I hope that helps.

Hey thanks Menown, I see you ae from London, On. I used to live there myself, I am now in Syracuse, NY. Anyway I have checked the PS3 settings and they are as they should be for 1080P. However, I am unable to change the screen settings in the game menu. I can see the option but when I click on the box nothing happens. I seem to remember during the initial install that there was an option to accept screen settings and a note stating that they could not be changed later. I guess I did not pay proper attention and assumed that the game had detected my 1080P capable tv.

Again thanks for the reply.
 
CAUTION!

The Game Save data does NOT contain everything.

Missing are thing like, Course Maker Tracks, Custom Sound Tracks, etc.
 
CAUTION!

The Game Save data does NOT contain everything.

Missing are thing like, Course Maker Tracks, Custom Sound Tracks, etc.

Just as well I don't have any of them then, but thanks anyway. However, I may have a few etc's but I'm not sure.
 
Just as well I don't have any of them then, but thanks anyway. However, I may have a few etc's but I'm not sure.

etc = Replays, Photos and Down Loaded Cars.
 
Back