Noobless drift lobby settings= CH tires no awd, No FF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japan
Japan
Mr Shakotan
First off the term keep drifting fun or saying people want too have fun drifting whatever is a excuse. If you want too have fun powersliding a awd car or drifting a car on racing tires do it offline. DO not come into a lobby only and disturb other players im sure thats not fun for them
This is also not a debate and this is true info. So this time keep your unnessesary comments to your self its not helping. This should be a sticky and if people use this as a guide we would have more people with skill in drift lobbys and less aggressive people bumping ramming and drifting awkward harsh lines. IF you really know anything about cars or how they work you should follow this really easy.

For the people who dont like reading or don't know much about cars this is the in a nutshell explaination
Save yourself and everybody else online drifting alot of trouble and build your main drift car with CH tires, and RWD platform. It save alot of ramming bumping, arguing, flamming and all the childish BS at bay. It also save you the trouble of having to reset your car every lobby and complaining about the lobby setting's None of the decent drifters is going too take your awd subie or your skills on any tire not CH serious.

Also alot less online an forum drama would happen if people did more "OFFLINE" practice. I cant stress that enough Practice OFFLINE and do it on CH. I myself have some cars pushing over 1000 hp that weigh the full weight of 5000 or more pounds on CH tires and I can fully control it and they are fast. So the excuse of better tires equal a faster car and a faster car equals a win in drift isnt true. A drift car does not have too be fast. Drift events aren't even scored on speed so....

If it was up too me and I was PD I would have made a drift specific tire too only be used while in drift lobbys or events and no car that's not RR FR or MR would be allowed

Why Comfort hard tire's?
Alot of the good drifters have online drift comps at some point. So because of that there has to be some rules or some level of equal playing field.
Why?... Well no one is going to give you any credit for your skills when your using tires with more grip, so too equal that out everyone must at least be on the same tire to be equal. And you shouldn't consider yourself a better drifter when your on a better tire then everyone else.
Plus its actually its better too add CH tires to your car your buying to tune for drift before any other mods get added to get use too the handling and what the car is and isn't doing.
Why because if you tune a car on a high grip tire and full tune then add CH tires just too get into a lobby its not going to be very controllable, which is the main excuse people give why they cant comply with the lobby rules and its a BS excuse. Some even say I cant afford too buy them and that is also BS CH tire's cost 1000 game dollars.
CH tires do have the least amount of grip but that does not mean the tires are not driftable, Step your skills up.

Drive trains explained
There is no reason (none) of why you should be drifting any car not rwd. The term keep drifting fun is not a excuse why you enter a lobby with awd and race tires and start bumpin people into a wall or why your line looks like the letter J when it should look like a C. If you can drift you can drift any rwd car with skill and tuning. Any excuse or reason why you cant is BS. If you can really drift you dont need AWD to do so. Not only that but If you understand over and under steer you already know a FR car is the best setup over all because of the cars balance, the weight is in the front with the engine under the hood and the power too the rear. Its not that RR or MR cars cant be drifted or cant be set up as good or better than a FR car but the weight of the motor is over the wheel with power, and those cars are built like that to keep the rear end planted, and to help traction so the balance of it is not as good, so those cars are setup to kinda not lose traction, but the feel of it is driver preference.

AWD setups
First off you don't need a awd car too drift. if you do more "OFFLINE" practice for you, awd cars still understeer which is not ideal for drifting even when the power is split 10/90.
Why because there is 10% power being put down on the front. For example If you have a 1000hp car 10% of that is 100hp if my math is right.
There are rwd cars that in factory setting makes close or around 100hp and they are driftable. So you would be effectively still be putting enough power down on the front wheels to power a car.
Now what does that equal well when your sliding around a corner and you counter steer the front wheels are still putting power down which is going to cause grip that you don't need to drift. And a un desired snap back on weight transfer. Which is why when you see awd cars in a drift lobby there line or more like the letter j when you line should look more like the letter C. which is also why the awd users tend too be more aggressive and bumping people because your line isn't smooth plus the snap back is harsh. This is why there angles and lines always look harsh and broken. If you want to check this out for yourself just spectate in a lobby where there are alot of people using awd and just watch for a bit you will see this

Now for those who are used to this or have overcome this effect of front power it gives a unfair advantage as one can simply pitch a car side ways at a unreal angle and let the front power grab and correct for you. That is why they use those cars and the smart people know it, and your not fooling anybody. Plus like I said before if you really can drift you don't need AWD too do it. If you cant drift a rwd car and be decent with at least one car, you are not good and you need more practice. "OFFLINE" practice. The whole purpose of AWD is too not lose traction and too have as much grip to all wheels as possible at all times. you are working against what the car was designed too do, and it shows in the line you drift. there is a reason awd subies and evo's rule rally racing and why rwd cars rule drifting.

FF setup
FF or front engine front drive is the worse. There is no throttle steering there is no power to the rear, you have too tail drag on a ebrake to even get sidways in most case's and you cannot apply power to the rear to correct yourself. FF cars are also made to not lose traction and are the worse understeering cars of the bunch. They make good small tight and technical track cars use them for what there good for

Gymkhana and drift are two different things. Do not confuse what ken block does and what Diago Saito not the same thing.

Do not get mad when you get laughed at for using or complaining about not being able too use a AWD car or FF in a drift lobby. And the more excuse's you make and the more you try too explain why your drifting a awd car is valid the more you will look like you know nothing about cars or drifting too those who actually do.

When is the last time you ever seen a awd car win a drift event with the front drive shafts in? I will wait.....?

This will get locked in no time at all, but yes all that what you have said is 100% true.

AWD and RWD drifting are completely separate things hence why they need to be in separate lobbies, including the people who use anything other than ch's.

Like I said in previous threads it's just common sense.
Also it's the only way to actually
image.jpg

SMH....
@Mr Shakotan I'm not going to get into whether I agree with your post or not, but if you're going to write a post that long and have hopes of getting it stickied, please put some effort into the grammar and formatting. That wall-o-text is a brain melter!

What ever happen to pre-gt4 drifting community? Everyone accepted and welcomed odd drifting cars,just not tires.. Everyone stayed a one set for awhile :lol:

Things like comps and tandeming happened.

People being upset because they got bumped, spun, and now they have to catch up or wait a lap for the pack to come back around.

People being upset because they can't tandem because someone is too fast/slow.

People being upset because not everyone cares about zomg full lock/ backwards entry yo! Lock life!

People being upset because someone chose a weird line and threw off theirs.

That's why I don't have to play online. Sure it looks fun and was when I did it once, but I know myself.

I drive like a pissed off ricer teenager. I don't manji/link straights, I blast down them and do large feint entries. Probably about a 75% success rate and I don't care, but others may.

Last edited:
I don't see why you can't host your own room with people you're familiar with or make a friends only room:lol: If you're aware that this "noobish" drifting goes on in open lobbies, then why the hell are you joining them anyway. Not everyone that drift online uses GTPlanet, so this is pretty pointless:lol: If you don't like how a room is being ran, then make your own. If people don't like how your room is being ran, then they have the ability to make their own as well. I don't see why this is so crucial if it's your decision to hang around in these "noobish" rooms:lol:

i dont really get the obsession with CH tires, why it is insisted that everyone use them, and that you are pretty much shunned if you dont.

for most forza comps the only restriction was no race tires. anything below that was fair game and your preference. use the tires that best suit the build of your car.

@alpacaflip Casual reverse NSX drifting there as well :lol:

Bro tip: Creating threads with similar topic lines will just only invalidate your opinion more.

Changing the thread title in order to make drifters who use 4WD and FF feel worse while making people who drift FR look like they're holy gods just conveys to me how closed-minded you are and also how hypocritical you are, I mean who the hell types this:
This should be a sticky and if people use this as a guide we would have more people with skill in drift lobbys and less aggressive people bumping ramming and drifting awkward harsh lines. IF you really know anything about cars or how they work you should follow this really easy.
IF this really was the case then everybody would be agreeing with you, but alas you just decide to kick up another thread stirring the pot like a drama queen.

Go out and drift something else and play the game, stop lecturing others on how to play it, variety is the spice of life as they say and I'm gonna drift whatever the hell I want because I want to.

Put simply:

31618643a414c7365281c18e95f8726b6ca7c8c1c3598a96989a0bfdfd7f026d.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back