Nooooo!!! GOW is becoming a movie, too.

  • Thread starter Thread starter McLaren
  • 12 comments
  • 970 views

McLaren

Premium
Messages
46,773
United States
Texas
http://videogames.yahoo.com/newsarticle?eid=509460&page=0

Halo got lucky by being put on hold, and supposedly being done with the help of Peter Jackson.

Gears of War though, won't be so lucky, and one of the greatest games to what could be one of the greatest trilogys, may be ruined by another Game-to-Movie.


I can't even imagine who they'd cast for this.
 
If you didn't see this coming from a MILE away, you need glasses.

Honestly, it's all about who's directing it. Uwe Boll? No. Ridley Scott? Better...

Zack Snyder? Yes. Alfonso friggen' Cuaron? Not sure if it's his style, but it would awesome.
 
http://videogames.yahoo.com/newsarticle?eid=509460&page=0

Halo got lucky by being put on hold, and supposedly being done with the help of Peter Jackson.

Gears of War though, won't be so lucky, and one of the greatest games to what could be one of the greatest trilogys, may be ruined by another Game-to-Movie.


I can't even imagine who they'd cast for this.
I wouldn't say it is one of the greatest games.
 
Is this is a real-life adaption or a photo-realistic cgi movie such as the Final Fantasy film? (the only likable game-to-film adaption thus far).

Some games should be adapted on the big screen, such as Devil May Cry, Halo or Metal Gear Solid (CGI only of course) but not Gears of War; we've already seen such devastation when Dead Or Alive was released.
 
This should go over as well as Doom... xD
 
For a moment I thought GoW was God of War... phew.

Me too. I don't understand why Gears of War is abbreviated as GoW when the immensely-popular God of War was out and abbreviated as such beforehand.
 
Is this is a real-life adaption or a photo-realistic cgi movie such as the Final Fantasy film? (the only likable game-to-film adaption thus far).

You didn't like Spirit's Within?
 
What happened to the Halo movie!?
 
You didn't like Spirit's Within?

...he said it was the only likeable one so far, meaning it's the only good one so far...and I sure as heck hope he's talking about Advent Children because Spirit's Within had about as much to do with FF as I do with penguins, and that's not exactly a lot...not to mention being down right crap anyway
 
This should go over as well as Doom... xD

I agree, I hope it will be at least one of the gratest action movies of the year

I was thinking about Doom too until I saw your reply.👍
 
I'm gonna assume you misstook my post for a good thing...
 
Back