Nordschleif races

  • Thread starter Thread starter nando2323
  • 17 comments
  • 1,037 views
Messages
62
Messages
nando2323
Messages
nando2323
I cringe every time I have to race on this track. The AI is vicious on this track damn. Any of the Nordschleif races you can see how crazy they are, if you can manage not to get into a serious collision because of the AI you must be a GT god or something. They will hit you and drag you for 1/4 mile like you're not even there. I think that this track has the best example of how crazy they are, by racing as if you don't exist on the track.

Don't get me wrong I love this game and I think it's awesome, but this is just funny. I don't know if it's because the road is so narrow or what but damn they are vicious on this track. The one that I recall being the worst is the lvl 22/21 Germany race if I remember correct, I remember using the IS-F Racing Proto.
 
The track being so narrow doesn't help much either. I love races on this course as they are always a challenge.
 
Ah the Nordschleife. I've raced it enough times to actually get good at it. The nice thing about this track is that it's long enough to give you plenty of time to pass. Yes, it is narrow, and yes, the A.I. is a slave to it's driving line, but a little practice and some patience and I'm sure you'll get the hang of this track.

Then again, I also have no problem using the chrome horn and moving the AI gently out of my way.
 
See I love this track. I bet I've been around it 300-400 times, whether it was on Tourist trophy or the last GT4.
 
The bumper.

I love the ring, all it takes is a little track knowledge and you can sit behind someone until you get to your planned passing point and then laugh as you go by.
 
Haaaaa! I feel stupid now.
 
Do the AMG Academy. Should help you out a bit. I did countless laps on the 'ring in GT4 so that helped me a lot too.
 
omg, i thought it was just me!!! the AI on this track infuriates me EVERY SINGLE TIME without fail. They've forced me into the grass, slammed into the side of me, pit maneuvered me, pushed me straight into a wall. You name it, they probably did it to me.

I finally learned this past weekend to not pass them. Just sit behind them and move up slowly.
 
Do the AMG Academy. Should help you out a bit. I did countless laps on the 'ring in GT4 so that helped me a lot too.

Oh I know the track like the back of my hand, I've done 100's of laps on it. The AI is just ruthless on this track that's all.
 
Oh I know the track like the back of my hand, I've done 100's of laps on it. The AI is just ruthless on this track that's all.

Well if you did then you'd know exactly where and when to overtake them =P
The AI isn't that bad. I usually manage to pass them before Flugplatz or right after it (the straights around Scwendenkrenz before Aremberg), running or grid start.
 
Well if you did then you'd know exactly where and when to overtake them =P
The AI isn't that bad. I usually manage to pass them before Flugplatz or right after it (the straights around Scwendenkrenz before Aremberg), running or grid start.

I do but when you out break them on the outside they hit you onto the grass. Forget about the inside because there will be no room at all. I have no problem winning the races trust me. I'm just saying they are ruthless even more so on this track that's all.
 
The Nordschleife is the best racetrack ever build. I just love to race on it.
 
I love it ! It's so cool to just patientally wait for the right moment to overtake the opponent. My personal record on Nordschleife is 6.33 ! Not too bad, eh ? ;)
 
+1 for the suggestion of doing the AMG academy. It's a great way to learn the track.

As far as passing, depending on the car you can pass almost anywhere. However, I find it easier to pass just after high-speed corners. A lot of the tighter corners can get tricky because they are complex corners where you might go right, then left. If you pass on the inside, all the sudden the inside becomes the outside and you have an AI 'bot drifting into you. Also, the AI tends to mess up a little coming out of really fast turns. If you are fast at the ring, it's probably because you are good at these turns. Use this to your advantage and be patient.
 
I was kind of disapointed with the ai in the german touring car race. I did nothing to my bmw gtr except put on medium racing tires and I get to first place before the first split and generally win by 15-45 seconds depending on my lap. I just use it as a grinding event cause its way more fun than indy, and the only reason I want to get money is so that I can buy different cars for lapping the nordshleffe :p
 
Do the AMG Academy. Should help you out a bit. I did countless laps on the 'ring in GT4 so that helped me a lot too.
The Nurburgring 24hr race helped a lot with course understanding...especially with a prize car of a Formula GT. Passing on this course is best done at the Aremberg and Bergwerk. Both those turns are after long straights in to a slow corner.
 
Back