Nordschleife in 6:50 with stock Enzo

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheOak
  • 16 comments
  • 2,473 views
Messages
6
Hello gtplanet, new member here. I've been PC sim racing for a long time mostly using the GTR-series but this holiday season I had the chance to try GT5 and to make a long story short I'm getting a PS3/GT5 today also for myself.

Been trying to find the best cars in GT5 and heard/read people recommending the Enzo and gotta admit they were right. Along with the ZR1 it's the most complete car in the game, that I've come across sofar, and around The Ring it's a blast. Even on racing hard tires it still likes to step out on you if you're not careful.

All aids off, including ABS, grip reduction real.

 
This is by far the best enzo sound on a gt5 video...
Enjoyed that much!
 
It does sound nice. My brother captured the audio through a stereo amplifier and I synced the audio with the video as well as I could.
 
Wht would you run it on racing hards? It's a road car and should be on sports hards maximum.... almost all cars feel easy to drive/good on click tyres.
 
Wht would you run it on racing hards? It's a road car and should be on sports hards maximum.... almost all cars feel easy to drive/good on click tyres.

Go try it with hard slicks around the ring and find out for yourself and I promise you that a 6:50 lap won't come easy.

Awesome sound! :) good footage also

Thanks. Had loads of fun putting a fast lap together, lost count on how many Enzos I destroyed.
 
Cool vid. Actually reminds me of a early 80's late 70's car chase scene from a movie. The slightly washed colors and focus, the flat sound and the slight off sync audio reminds me of movies back in the day. Nice vid. You should edit and promote it as such. It would come off great.
 
There's no way you can claim a 6:50 laptime 'STOCK' with Racing tyres.

Try Sport Hards or Comfort Soft tyres.

By the way, which tyres do you think are more realistic? I can't decide between sports hards and comfort softs.

At this point i think comfort softs suit the nissan gtr and other 4wd cars, whereas the sports hards suit ferraris and other mr/fr cars.
 
There's no way you can claim a 6:50 laptime 'STOCK' with Racing tyres.

Try Sport Hards or Comfort Soft tyres.

By the way, which tyres do you think are more realistic? I can't decide between sports hards and comfort softs.

At this point i think comfort softs suit the nissan gtr and other 4wd cars, whereas the sports hards suit ferraris and other mr/fr cars.

Its stock with racing tyres, whats the big deal? Also comfort softs on an Enzo? I'm pretty sure stock Enzo tyres are nowhere near that bad.

Good video OP, if you liked the Enzo try and get a hold of a Mclaren F1, it's just as good if not better to drive.
 
Great video!! Great car!!

About the tyres, I guess that the Enzo comes with Sport Soft tyres.
A Comfort Soft would be something like Pirelli P6000 and there is no way an Enzo is running on such a piece of **** tyre.
I'd say that the Sport Soft would translate to something like Pirelli PZero Corsa, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup and TOYO R888.

So in my book, the Enzo would go as stock with the SS tyre, maybe the SM, but no way it runs SH or CS.
 
Here's a thread about GT5 tyres compared to tyres from real life.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149775
 
Cool vid. Actually reminds me of a early 80's late 70's car chase scene from a movie. The slightly washed colors and focus, the flat sound and the slight off sync audio reminds me of movies back in the day. Nice vid. You should edit and promote it as such. It would come off great.

Thanks. I'll probably end up doing more vids when I find other ring enthusiasts online and a chase vid is a cool idea.

There's no way you can claim a 6:50 laptime 'STOCK' with Racing tyres.
Try Sport Hards or Comfort Soft tyres.
By the way, which tyres do you think are more realistic? I can't decide between sports hards and comfort softs.
At this point i think comfort softs suit the nissan gtr and other 4wd cars, whereas the sports hards suit ferraris and other mr/fr cars.

I understand your point but like mentioned it's stock with hard slicks.

I did run it with sport hards and it was fun too but felt like I needed more grip to really enjoy the car and I found that with hard slicks. Don't know why I skipped sport mediums and softs but I'm gona give those a try today.

I agree that comfort softs feel just about right for 4wd cars and are great for drifting. Sport hards are good too but for cars like the Enzo you just need a tad more grip from the tires than what SH can offer.

Its stock with racing tyres, whats the big deal? Also comfort softs on an Enzo? I'm pretty sure stock Enzo tyres are nowhere near that bad.

Good video OP, if you liked the Enzo try and get a hold of a Mclaren F1, it's just as good if not better to drive.

Thanks. My brother has the Mclaren, gona give it a go today.

Great video!! Great car!!
About the tyres, I guess that the Enzo comes with Sport Soft tyres.
A Comfort Soft would be something like Pirelli P6000 and there is no way an Enzo is running on such a piece of **** tyre.
I'd say that the Sport Soft would translate to something like Pirelli PZero Corsa, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup and TOYO R888.

So in my book, the Enzo would go as stock with the SS tyre, maybe the SM, but no way it runs SH or CS.

Thanks. I can't say much about the tires, all my experiences are from motorcycle racing and not sure how the similar the compounds are to car tires. But for bikes the road legal "slicks" are sticky as hell!

Here's a thread about GT5 tyres compared to tyres from real life.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149775

Interesting read, thanks.
 
I bought an Enzo on gt5, and it comes stock with Sport Hard tyres.
Also, When the Enzo did the lap on the Nurburgring on youtube I'm pretty sure they weren't using racing slick tyres.

Sport Hard tyres are definitely the true tyre to run if you want to replicate the onboard lap of the Enzo Ferrari on the 'Ring on Youtube.

Just my thoughts.

keep up the good videos btw.
 
Its stock with racing tyres, whats the big deal? Also comfort softs on an Enzo? I'm pretty sure stock Enzo tyres are nowhere near that bad.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE050A+Scuderia

Comfort soft is the way if you want a realistic handling(stock little used tires) and probably with a perfect lap would have the more accurate RL times too.



Sport hards would be more like a flashy brand new perfect warmed tire, but with no tire wear and no cold tires I think is too sticky for that car in the game. Anything above that would have too much grip differences over the real car.

Oh and nice vid. 👍
 
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE050A+Scuderia

Comfort soft is the way if you want a realistic handling(stock little used tires) and probably with a perfect lap would have the more accurate RL times too.

Sport hards would be more like a flashy brand new perfect warmed tire, but with no tire wear and no cold tires I think is too sticky for that car in the game. Anything above that would have too much grip differences over the real car.

Oh and nice vid. 👍

Tried it on CS tires, it's a lot like driving on snowy roads here in Finland. Cannot imagine the Enzo being shipped on tires that slippery but even if it is I'm gona stick with sports or hard slicks, more fun.

Also tried the Mclaren on SH tires, steering really accurate, brakes feel better than on the Enzo, oversteers on corner exit even if not on gas making me think it needs a wing on the back or atleast some tampering with the susp/diff.
 
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE050A+Scuderia

Comfort soft is the way if you want a realistic handling(stock little used tires) and probably with a perfect lap would have the more accurate RL times too.



Sport hards would be more like a flashy brand new perfect warmed tire, but with no tire wear and no cold tires I think is too sticky for that car in the game. Anything above that would have too much grip differences over the real car.

Oh and nice vid. 👍


Nice vid. Shame that if you drive like that in GT5 you leave smoke screens out of every corner :(

I agree that Sports Hards often feel too sticky. I think someone needs to do some tests like those American magazines do when they're testing handling of a new car- Driving round in circles recording maximum lateral g-force. On circuits I frequently see in excess of 1g in bog-standard mundane cars on comfort softs, which suggests they're definitely toward the stickier end of the scale.
 
Nice video. The Enzo is one of my favourite cars on the game because of the sound :P What speed did you get to on the final strait? Also you should try the McLaren F1 on the ring.
 
Back