Nordschleife Touristenfahrt option

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Spongeinside
I've tried to search for this, but couldn't find anything on it so here goes...

Wouldn't it be cool if the Nordschleife track had a option to use the official 'touristenfahrt' enterance instead of the pit lane?
Maybe we could have the cars parked in the parking bays were you'd normally park when doing a tourist ride. And when you want to get on to the track, the car autmatically drives to the gate, wait 2seconds or something for it to open and then enters the track from where you get control over the car. Then when you want to exit the track, you exit at the official exit and the car will be driven automatically to a parking bay again, similar to when you'd normally enter the pitlane and your car is driven to your pitbox.

Just to make it a bit more like it would be in real life.

They could leave out the little cone slalom they usually have when entering the track and don't have the 'one lap at a time' thing, but just having the 'real' way of entering and exiting the track would be cool right?

The touristenfahrt enterance is already somewhat modeled, although not really in decent quality, but I don't think redoing it to make it functional would be too hard...

image.jpg

For offline that would be very cool indeed, a bit like the Mercedes challenge in GT5, some slower cars and maybe a few faster ones :)

It would be a better use for online, were you can park your car, and be with friends, look at other cars and so.
But it would not fit with the PS3 performance, more likely for the GT7.

Last edited:
It would be a better use for online, were you can park your car, and be with friends, look at other cars and so.
But it would not fit with the PS3 performance, more likely for the GT7.
That's true, that would be a bit out of the PS3’s range.. But maybe a separate chat 'room' while you're not on track? I find it very annoying to constantly see that chatbox pop up with people talking bull while I'm trying to focus on my lap... But we"re going off topic, that would belong in the features suggestions section I think?

For now I'll be happy with just the "touristenfahrt" entrance to the track instead of the pits we have now :)

You'll always be Limited to the maximum amount of cars GT6 / the PS3 can handle, which isn't much. Plus on a track as long as the Nordschleife, you'd need a lot of cars to simulate anything like what you'd typically see on a Nordschleife track day, which is definitely out of reach of both GT6 and the PS3.. Maybe even the PS4 / GT7....?

So at least for this suggestion thread, we should keep it to the 'touristenfahrt' enterance only :)

Latest Posts

Back