Normal Car Cup Supra RZ

Canada
Canada
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but here it goes...
I've beaten the Normal Car Cup on GT1 and I was given an Orange Supra RZ as a prize car. Despite the fact that I already owned a Supra RZ ( which I had Race Modified and tuned with the best available parts ) I decided to tune the prize supra ( however I did not perform Race Modification upgrade in order to keep the unique color :P ) . Then I noticed something weird...The Race Modified Supra had 910 hp but the Prize Supra reached 897hp when tuned to the max . Is this some kind of bug ?

One of them is RaceModified and the second one is not? Which color was your first Supra when it was new? Azure? If I remember correctly, some cars had more HP when they are RaceModified.

One of them is RaceModified and the second one is not? Which color was your first Supra when it was new? Azure? If I remember correctly, some cars had more HP when they are RaceModified.
Yes , I own a race modified Supra RZ , which was white when I bought it. The Orange one is the prize car of the Normal car cup.

I guess the Normal Car Cup prize (which also comes in a bunch of other colors, including blue) just can't be modified as far as the dealer bought car. For some reason.

I guess the Normal Car Cup prize (which also comes in a bunch of other colors, including blue) just can't be modified as far as the dealer bought car. For some reason.
I guess that's just it since prize cars in Gran Turismo 1 are treated as differant cars ( e.g. a prize Mazda MX5 is not able to enter the lightweight cup despite the fact that a "normal" MX5 can enter it )

I guess that's just it since prize cars in Gran Turismo 1 are treated as differant cars ( e.g. a prize Mazda MX5 is not able to enter the lightweight cup despite the fact that a "normal" MX5 can enter it )
Oh right, forgot about special color cars being treated as separate entries in the car list. In GT3 and 4, special color cars aren't given separate entries. However, in the GT5 and 6, the no stripe version of the '05 Ford GT is given a separate list entry. But the no stripe GT is considered the same car as the striped version in GT4.

If you compare the two as new (dealer bought and prize won) see how much horsepower they both have in the garage. A small discrepancy there might explain why one has more than the other at the top end.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but here it goes...
I've beaten the Normal Car Cup on GT1 and I was given an Orange Supra RZ as a prize car. Despite the fact that I already owned a Supra RZ ( which I had Race Modified and tuned with the best available parts ) I decided to tune the prize supra ( however I did not perform Race Modification upgrade in order to keep the unique color :P ) . Then I noticed something weird...The Race Modified Supra had 910 hp but the Prize Supra reached 897hp when tuned to the max . Is this some kind of bug ?

I believe that in choosing the Race Modified option it adds further tunes to the engine as well as allowing down force on the body which explain the difference in HP.

TMM
I believe that in choosing the Race Modified option it adds further tunes to the engine as well as allowing down force on the body which explain the difference in HP.
Nope. I tried race modifying the orange supra ( without saving ) and the horsepower was still at 897 hp.

TMM
No. Racing modification doesn't modify power. But it does make your car lighter, which does mean a better power to weight, which means the car in faster, in theory.

I don't know exactly which car has +HP after modifying, because when I tune a car, it always undergoes the entire procedure of tuning in one step (it starts with Muffler and ends at Weight Reduction and Racing Modification) and then I check the weight and power of the car.

I don't know exactly which car has +HP after modifying, because when I tune a car, it always undergoes the entire procedure of tuning in one step (it starts with Muffler and ends at Weight Reduction and Racing Modification) and then I check the weight and power of the car.
What I've found is that if you buy a particular car, then mod it, then buy another one of those cars, the second car gets all the mods you bought for the first one. I also accidentally discovered you can change the color of racing modified vehicles buy loading a tune for the same car, but in a different color. Once I had some duplicate Nismo GT-R LM Road Cars sitting around, and two were racing bodied, one in white, one in black. I had saved a tune for one of them, and loaded the tune into the other Nismo, and it changed the color to that of the car used for making the tune.

What I've found is that if you buy a particular car, then mod it, then buy another one of those cars, the second car gets all the mods you bought for the first one. I also accidentally discovered you can change the color of racing modified vehicles buy loading a tune for the same car, but in a different color. Once I had some duplicate Nismo GT-R LM Road Cars sitting around, and two were racing bodied, one in white, one in black. I had saved a tune for one of them, and loaded the tune into the other Nismo, and it changed the color to that of the car used for making the tune.
Yoy get all the parts you have already purchased. This however doesn't apply for the port polish ,engine balancing upgrades and of course the weight reduction upgrades , just sayin :P

Back