North American Limited Edition?

• Thread starter Transfix
  • 20 comments
Canada
Canada
I've been trying to get info from many sources including the developer to no avail. Does anyone have insight as to whether we will be getting this in NA or not?

The anticipation for this game is crazy. Bring it on!!!

I'm really hoping there's a digital LE for the Xbox One here in N/A. I want to support these guys as much as I can so I'd be all over it.

I imagine there will be some sort of DLC release for it, later. Similar to how F1 2013 had the classic cars pack made available to all for purchase later on.

Just a question, because it has something to do with the LE: If I buy the standard edition will i be able to buy the cars as DLC that were in the LE?

Nothing has been announced yet, but it was hinted that you will be able to do that. Although like i said, nothing official yet.

Just a question, because it has something to do with the LE: If I buy the standard edition will i be able to buy the cars as DLC that were in the LE?
almost every game sells the LE DLC after some months, I guess it will happen here too but have no idea if they'll go the Forza way and sell the pre-order cars as one DLC and the LE cars as another

Pre order on steam and you'll get the 5 LE cars and the 3 cars of the modified car pack. I expect the same deal on PSN/Xbox Live soon too.

Have the new consoles done away with the region locking of its games?

I know that the XBone is region free, both for games and DLC, but from what I hear, the PS4 has some region issues with DLC/Online content, but not with the discs.

I know people who have bought XBone games from a different country and play it with no issues, but from what I read in regards to the PS4; you can play the game disc from any country, but DLC and online gaming may be restricted or limited.

Not entirely sure if that applies to all games.

The whole limited edition thing being available exclusively to Europe has been kind of bothering me. I really was looking forward to driving all of them especially the Ford GT40 MKIV (I don't have time to grind for 20 million credits). Hopefully they're made available for free (at the time launch would be nice) or we're exclusively given something of equally quality

I can tell you that most people playing this game are not from US. I'm on at night Easter time (10-1am) and there may be one lobby active at that time. During peak European hours (3-5pm eastern) there are around 5-10 lobbies active at a time. Of course it's not the only sign, but I can tell you from the forum posts on WMD most people are from Germany and UK. Some are US, but a minor percentage. I think US crowd on consoles is mostly into arcade racers, not sim racers, so that's why we don't get limited edition. You probably will still get those cars if you preorder downloadable edition though.

True and I pre ordered the ps4 version at GameStop btw. I can count the number of people I know who have even heard of this game with my hand. Honestly they need to be like Forza promote this down people's throats (GT also needs to do this).

I can tell you that most people playing this game are not from US. I'm on at night Easter time (10-1am) and there may be one lobby active at that time. During peak European hours (3-5pm eastern) there are around 5-10 lobbies active at a time. Of course it's not the only sign, but I can tell you from the forum posts on WMD most people are from Germany and UK. Some are US, but a minor percentage. I think US crowd on consoles is mostly into arcade racers, not sim racers, so that's why we don't get limited edition. You probably will still get those cars if you preorder downloadable edition though.
That sounds like the 5% thing Codemasters tried to pull.

I think US crowd on consoles is mostly into arcade racers, not sim racers, so that's why we don't get limited edition.

That's because of availability on consoles, not choice. If Project CARS is a true sim then it will be the first one I've played on a console. I'm in NA and had I been aware of Project CARS when it began I would have been all over trying to support and test it.

... I'm in NA and had I been aware of Project CARS when it began I would have been all over trying to support and test it.

Roger that! My brother was able to be a tester from the get-go and I've been waiting with a new rig ever since I saw a few builds. Haven't built a rig in about 15 years but, PCars renewed my vigor for pc racing ....again. ;)

Me to. I've been following it for along time and just like you, it renewed my passion for Sim racing as well. Stones, you hit the nail on the head man.

Back