Norwegian Black MetalMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtavcfan
  • 6 comments
  • 725 views
Messages
2,185
United States
Seattle, WA
(I'm not sure if one has been created yet, searched and at least It didn't show up nothing, unless I suck as using the search option For about a year I messed up the computer in my house, so I didn't use the internet at all, today I'm using it at the public Library.)

Throughout the year I've been listening a lot to Norwegian Black Metal, have read lots of stuff that happened in the scene, around 1993, with Mayhem, Emperor, and Burzum. The church burnings, Dead's suicide, and Varg Vikernes murdering Euronymous. Primarily I love the music, but still I'm interested in learning more about it, only it's too much reading.

At least not all is about anti-christian, some other Norwegian Black Metal bands sing about the ancient Viking roots.

Anyone else willing to share their thoughts, good or bad, about the Norwegian Black Metal scene.

My favorite bands in this category: Mayhem, Burzum, Darkthrone, Emperor, Gorgoroth, Enslaved, and there are about two or three more bands that I forgot the name.
 
Topic just underneath this one = The Metal Thread. Thats for all kinds of metal discussion. lol

I am a listener to all this Norsk Black Metal, I like you, was quite amazed at the stuff that was going on during the late 80s and through the 90s. It's not as extreme these days, Mayhem seems quite toned down the last image I saw of them.

(btw, did you read about what it said on Dead's suicide note?)
 
i never got why "black metal" bands took the term from a thrash band.
 
i never got why "black metal" bands took the term from a thrash band.

I believe that the term "black metal" was taken from a song by Venom, not too sure on that.
 
I believe that the term "black metal" was taken from a song by Venom, not too sure on that.

That's a funny one. The term is from a Venom album called Black Metal... the funny thing is that Venom is NOT black metal... they're thrashy, glam, hair, cheesy metal!





















I'll get me coat. :nervous:
 
yes, i know it was taken from venom. thats why i was saying i dont get it.
 
Back