nostalgia. // CURRENTLY PUBLIC // ANYONE WELCOME!Draft 

Canada
Canada
This particular thread is a draft, but the club is still open for you to join. Note, the club is still in its early stages and stuff listed here may change.
posD6ek.jpg

For the veteran fans of Gran Turismo
comes the ultimate club
nostalgia.
Flavors of Gran Turismo, old and new.

Join us as we speed through a variety of events, riding on original circuits like Apricot Hill in cars with no interiors.

VZDuZ8R.png

Cruising initiates very often, in the form of a club-only lobby. Typically the track chosen would be something like Deep Forest Raceway or Tokyo R246. Usually, cruising is pretty casual, and there's a PP limit of 500, sometimes more. It's just a chance for club members to drive around together.

mfsSKqr.png

Endurance races are the juiciest part of nostalgia. With fair horsepower and PP limits, the endurance races here are scheduled events lasting for one to two hours. On special occasions (or just whenever I feel like it) we might have a 12 hour endurance race.

OHTxFpn.png

Remember I mentioned "flavors of Gran Turismo, old and new?" While drag racing was [going to be] introduced in GT2, it really came to be when GT5 and its worldwide multiplayer was released. Our typical circuit of choice for drag racing is Apricot Hill for its long straights; and sometimes, for a twist, we use Cape Ring for its wondrous roundabout.

Y8MjCKt.png

Another new flavor of Gran Turismo. An intensely fun minigame where cops supervise a group of cruisers... three strikes and you're out!

Join in the fun! Here's how to play

Cops 'n' Robbers is a simple game where you cruise your heart out on different tracks. While you cruise, the GTPD supervises you whilst driving Nissan Skyline R34 Pace Cars. Offenses include exceeding the speed limit, parking incorrectly and crashing into other drivers. For each offense a cop catches you do, you'll earn a strike; three strikes and you're out, and you'll have to change your car!

GTPD impersonators will be permanently blocked from the club; do not enter a lobby driving a pace car unless you are a member of the GTPD.

Welcome to Route 5 //
Special Stage Route 5 is an original track that has been in every game since the first Gran Turismo. This ominous track features lanes and everlasting midnight. As it's somewhat tight and not all of its turns are wide, the speed limit is conventional; 80 mph. GTPD officers have a speed limit of 120 mph. The speed limit does not come into effect on the main straight.

TdHPfY6.png

This is the correct parking spot; in the tunnels, on the curb area with white stripes. Nowhere else! If you're confused, just take a pit stop! ;)

Welcome to Route 7 //
Special Stage Route 7 is an original track that was introduced in GT5. Similar to Special Stage Route 5, it has urban looks, and resembles more of a highway. As the track is almost entirely a straight, the speed limit is 120 mph. GTPD officers do not have to abide to a speed limit here.

MiXy7P0.png

This is the correct parking spot; along the straight, on the curb area on the other side of the long white stripe. Nowhere else! If you're confused, then... just don't park anywhere! ;)

The GTPD //
The Gran Turismo Police Department is an elite police force. To be allowed to join and patrol the streets, you need to be an advanced driver with considerable tactic and skill. You'll need to keep your eye out all the time and know how to react with an assertive attitude. Only six GTPD officers are allowed per lobby.

Enter out the form below and send it by PM for a shot at joining the GTPD! You need to at least have the International B license before you can be qualified to enter.
IGN: _____
License: _____
In-game progress: _____

IX2Omjf.png

Everyone loves a good old race. As casual racing isn't really a big event, they're hosted in club-only lobbies. The PP limit of casual races vary, and we choose any of the original circuits to race on.

8JzBzi8.png

There are some cool cars in GT6, and we have a chance to buy any which car we want. Sometimes, as an alternative to cruising, I'll open up a café lobby, where players can take photos and show off their cars.

RXi6LV1.png

The main focus of nostalgia. is, in fact, nostalgia. Everything we do is centered around nostalgia based on the older games. That's why we prohibit newly introduced driving aids (Skid Recovery Force, etc.) and prohibit nitrous. We always drive on original circuits, since they've been with us since the first game. And since GT6 is celebrating 15 Years of GT, why not get nostalgic and celebrate the timeless classics?

I'm devising a clean system so people can open club lobbies, but for now no one is allowed to open a lobby. If you do, you'll be temporarily blocked.

nostalgia. is currently public for now. this may change when everything is finalized.

Upcoming Events
  • Welcoming 2015 // Begins January 2, 2015 and lasts until January 3. A one hour endurance to celebrate the new year. See club page for more details.
  • Forces of Nature // Begins January 9, 2015 and lasts until January 10. A juicy race with lots of rain! See club page for more details.

Last edited:
i think this club is right up my alley. shame i can't transfer my huge collection from gt5. i had some great cars, majority of them were gt3/4. i've always loved the older generation of gt. maybe the club could feature race series from gt's past (classics like megaspeed, sunday cup, boxer spirit, dream car championship where only lm cars allowed).

i am very interested in this club. i am very busy however so might not always be around and will probably miss the enduros.

what i really like about this club is that it is old and new. it has what long time fans remember and love about the old days, but allows a lot of new concepts and ideas of the newer games.

(as an observation, i expect this to be fairly jdm focused just as the older games were)

always liked the look of megaspeed, unfortunately never raced it. i was terrible at gt1 and never got past the b races. i still go back every now and again

mind if i join the club or do you want me to wait?

Last edited:
always liked the look of megaspeed, unfortunately never raced it. i was terrible at gt1 and never got past the b races. i still go back every now and again

mind if i join the club or do you want me to wait?

The thread is a draft right now, but the club is public and you can join

Last edited:
Back