Nostalgic 1979 - Ford Mk IV or Jaguar XJ-13?

• Thread starter cal1608h
  • 15 comments

Ford Mk IV or Jaguar XJ-13?

• Ford Mk IV

• Jaguar XJ-13

Results are only viewable after voting.
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I am saving for the last of the crazy expensive cars in GT Sport at the moment. I have bought the Alfa TZ2, Ferrari 250 GTO and Ferrari 330 P4. This leaves the Ford Mk IV, Jaguar XJ-13, Shelby Cobra Coupe and Lamborghini Miura to buy.

I am grinding the Le Mans race in the Nostalgia 1979 event to earn these cars.

My question is which should I buy next out of the Ford or Jaguar? I want to use one of these to carry on with the event as I'm getting bored of driving the 330 and it can be very twitchy, especially overtaking the AI. The Alfa and 250 GTO are nowhere near fast enough to win the event. I'm looking for good top end with better stability through the Porsche curves and the section through Indianapolis and Arnage.

Thanks all :)

Out of those 2, I say the Ford. Though I must say the Cobra Daytona is my favorite out of them all, and does the Nostalgia grind with ease.

Excellent, thanks. I've heard the Cobra is fantastic to drive. Do you know roughly what your average time is in the event with the Cobra? I'm managing around 6mins 45 in the 330 at the moment (it is tuned with Mi points).

The Alfa and 250 GTO are nowhere near fast enough to win the event.

Excellent, thanks. I've heard the Cobra is fantastic to drive.
If you think the GTO can't win it, you'll struggle with the Cobra. Like with the Cobra, a fully tuned GTO can win the event, as long a 330 doesn't start at the front.

Huh? How?
Step one - start the game and you will be at the main screen of GT Sport .
Step two - be sure you have enough money to buy the car that you would like to test and don't go yet in Brand Central .
Step three - press the PS button to go out of the game ( don't shot the game down ) and you will be at the main screen of yours beloved one and only PS4 .
Step four to the floor - close the internet connection .
Step five - take a break and eat a banana .
Step sex's - go beck in the game and choose the car that you want in Brand Central , you only can drive this car in arcade mode laptime .
Step seven - close the game , close ps4 .
Step eight - restart ps4 reconnect internet and you can start all over again if you wish .
Step 10 - very imported very imported thank you me for this explanation and put 50 euro's on my bank account .
Have fun .

Last edited:
Thank you so much to everyone who has replied, some really useful information and videos in here :)

Think my mind is made up now, I'll go with the Ford first. Order will be Ford, Cobra, Jaguar, Miura I think. Only another Cr. 12m to go for the first one! :D

Also Happy Christmas to everyone who is celebrating!

I am now at the point where I can afford the Cobra but can it win the races without tuning up?

I'm not a fan of modifying the cars from standard so would I need one of the faster three to win the Nostalgic races?

I am now at the point where I can afford the Cobra but can it win the races without tuning up?

I'm not a fan of modifying the cars from standard so would I need one of the faster three to win the Nostalgic races?

Nope this can only be done with the 330 p4, the gt40 mark IV and the Jaguar xj13.
With tuning is it only impossible for the TZ2 to win.

Let me get this right...

The XJ13 has a std. 5 spd man. ANd then of course you can adjust. Same as the 330.

The GT40 MkIV has a 4spd but you can upg. to a 5 spd variable. Same as the Daytona.

Back