Nostalgic 1979 NOT race cars?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by DGXR, May 10, 2019.

1. DGXR

DGXR

The event requirements state "racecars built 1979 or earlier" but I see a Mustang Mach 1 and a C3 Corvette regularly participating, both which are not racecars. They may have been a platform for building racecars, but the models entered in this event are NOT race cars. Is this another example of a little error in code development by PD? What gives?
    Also, how do I get that Ford GT40 Race Car? I don't see it in the dealership.
    Thanks!

2. ARTAsean

ARTAsean (Banned)

You are required to enter in a race car. All the other lesser cars are just there as “support classes.” This occurs in real life races as well.

The Ford GT40 we have in the game is the road legal version, which is why it’s an N class car. We do not have the race car version in the game.

Scuderia Paul and DGXR like this.
  3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood

Those cars you're referencing are nothing more than grid filler.

ShiftingGears likes this.
  4. DGXR

DGXR

OK I must enter a race car and those others are simply filler/fodder in a multi-class race, that makes enough sense for me to move on LOL.
    But I'm pretty sure that is a GT40 race car I'm seeing in the grid, with the Gulf blue/orange livery. Are you saying players can't get this car, and we must get by with the GT40 road car? Seems strange since the race car has been available in most other GT releases.

5. TetsuKobura

TetsuKobura Premium

It’s a livery made to look like the Gulf scheme.

silverman_GT, DGXR and FoRiZon like this.
  6. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

The event is there to make you blow 10m+ credits on a car which is why you can't enter in the GT40 MK1 but the AI can.

7. adokeeffe

adokeeffe

Yes it's super annoying, I own most of the cars on that grid yet can't enter unless I fork out at least 10 million credits (20 if you actually want to win).

8. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

The $15 mil. Daytona can do it... granted you need like thousands of points worth of upgrades.

Yeah I would love it if they allowed you to use selected pre 1979 road cars... I have a $2.8 mil. GT40 MkI that would take all these on no problems.

9. daan

daan Moderator

The 10 million DB3S can win it too.