Nostalgic 1979 NOT race cars?

• Thread starter DGXR
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
DGXR
DGXR1
The event requirements state "racecars built 1979 or earlier" but I see a Mustang Mach 1 and a C3 Corvette regularly participating, both which are not racecars. They may have been a platform for building racecars, but the models entered in this event are NOT race cars. Is this another example of a little error in code development by PD? What gives?
Also, how do I get that Ford GT40 Race Car? I don't see it in the dealership.
Thanks!

You are required to enter in a race car. All the other lesser cars are just there as “support classes.” This occurs in real life races as well.

The Ford GT40 we have in the game is the road legal version, which is why it’s an N class car. We do not have the race car version in the game.

OK I must enter a race car and those others are simply filler/fodder in a multi-class race, that makes enough sense for me to move on LOL.
But I'm pretty sure that is a GT40 race car I'm seeing in the grid, with the Gulf blue/orange livery. Are you saying players can't get this car, and we must get by with the GT40 road car? Seems strange since the race car has been available in most other GT releases.

OK I must enter a race car and those others are simply filler/fodder in a multi-class race, that makes enough sense for me to move on LOL.
But I'm pretty sure that is a GT40 race car I'm seeing in the grid, with the Gulf blue/orange livery. Are you saying players can't get this car, and we must get by with the GT40 road car? Seems strange since the race car has been available in most other GT releases.
It’s a livery made to look like the Gulf scheme.

Yes it's super annoying, I own most of the cars on that grid yet can't enter unless I fork out at least 10 million credits (20 if you actually want to win).

Yes it's super annoying, I own most of the cars on that grid yet can't enter unless I fork out at least 10 million credits (20 if you actually want to win).

The $15 mil. Daytona can do it... granted you need like thousands of points worth of upgrades.

Yeah I would love it if they allowed you to use selected pre 1979 road cars... I have a $2.8 mil. GT40 MkI that would take all these on no problems.

Back