Nostalgic with Alfa - it is possible!

• Thread starter jnm23
  • 4 comments
Well after 20 tries managed to win a race at nostalgic with the Alfa at Sarthe

This was my setup:

• Min downforce front and rear
  • Gearing 205
  • Upgraded power max
  • weight down to 93% ('upgrade' does nothing here)
Recycle line up - you need P330 not in top 3, slowish cars in top 2 ideally e.g. 250GTO, Corvette
Slipstream on the straights like crazy. 200mph should be doable
Cut chicane, and corners on entry to Mulsanne

If you can be around 10s behind leader at start of lap 2 it's doable

By the end of Mulsanne lap 2 you should be within 3 seconds.
If you can stay within 5 or so seconds by end of lap 2, the last 'cut' will make up around 8 seconds

lap times: 3.52, 3.45

3.49 on lap 1 is possible but I had slip.

Last edited:
Have you tried reducing downforce to a minimum as well? That should give just that extra bit of speed on the Mulsanne straight. My second lap was a 3:41 and I did 205 in the Ferrari's slipstream on lap 2 (Gearbox max speed at 212). Tried it without cutting too but I'm not fast enough to make that work.

Have you tried reducing downforce to a minimum as well? That should give just that extra bit of speed on the Mulsanne straight. My second lap was a 3:41 and I did 205 in the Ferrari's slipstream on lap 2 (Gearbox max speed at 212). Tried it without cutting too but I'm not fast enough to make that work.

I have downforce at minimum but thanks for tip on gearing. Will try the 212.

I honestly don't think it is possible without cutting. Cutting saves about 8 seconds per lap. It was hard enough with the cutting.

With cutting it's definitely possible to win in the Alfa. Now try it with the Gordini :lol:
I saw a hilarious video on this forum of the Gordini doing all manner of cheats to win at la Sarthe . Searched but can't find :dunce:

Back