"Not A Problem!"

Canada
Burlington
Hey!

My name is Kris Martin and I am 25 year old race car driver from Burlington Ontario, Canada. I was born profoundly deaf and even though I am faced with this challenge I am determined to reach my goal of becoming a professional driver either in NASCAR or Open Wheel. While others don't understand how I can race being deaf, and try and defer me from getting on the track because they are worried I can't drive or communicate with me, I am a positive person and I have turned a negative into a positive. I have learned to feel the car instead of hearing it and I do have an implant that gives me partial hearing and specially designed FM radio system that allows me to communicate with my team without any issues.

Outside of the car I work very hard at advocating hearing loss and speaking to children and adults across North America and Canada to let them know that they can achieve the dreams as long as they have passion and work hard. The children I speak to sometimes can be a little afraid about their futures and so can their parents. I like to be an inspiration to show them all that anything is possible.

Kris Martin
Driver

Welcome to :gtplanet: Kris, what a truly inspiring story. :cheers:

That's awesome! Welcome to GTP! I'm about an hour outside outside Burlington. Ever been to Mosport?

Back