Not buying because of MAJOR BUG

I have seen a bug in not just while playing but in the tutorial video on the campaign mode. I love the game cars sound and graphics, but i just cant enjoy. It because of a major bug.

The interior view of game like cockpit view while driving the side mirrors and middle back mirror has continuous texture popin. I have ps4 pro and 4k tv and i did not invest so much money to have such a major annoyance ignored by polyphony. It seems they dnt have fix for it and they just let it be in final game. We wait so many years for a GT and such major lapse in quality is unacceptable.

Drive club Forza these games have no issues. Gt has weird texture popin and i am posting this here as i have been googlin this issue and searched this forum and could not find a single person reporting this. I am shocked how you all are praising graphics of game when such a poor quality bug is existing.

Because the thing about bugs is that it affects some, not all. It sucks that it's happening to you, but the best thing you can do is tell us and tell PD. I'm sure it's something that PD can fix quickly.

Besides, you googling this and not finding it probably means it's not something that is very common. Good thing you brought it up to attention at least.

In campaign
Because the thing about bugs is that it affects some, not all. It sucks that it's happening to you, but the best thing you can do is tell us and tell PD. I'm sure it's something that PD can fix quickly.

Besides, you googling this and not finding it probably means it's not something that is very common. Good thing you brought it up to attention at least.
In campaign mode mission tasks there are youtube videos that are like tutorials for mission. I got this even in those videos. I am sure the videos are recorded videos and should not have texture popin

In campaign

In campaign mode mission tasks there are youtube videos that are like tutorials for mission. I got this even in those videos. I am sure the videos are recorded videos and should not have texture popin

That's really odd because I have never encountered these graphical issues. Only the random save and game crashing ones, and those are the ones that others are getting affected by.

This is supposed to be a realistic simulation game. If you saw that bug, you will be totally taken out od the experience as the way it disappears in the side mirror it looks worse than ps2 graphics. Plus this is in both campaign videos and the actual races

I have seen a bug in not just while playing but in the tutorial video on the campaign mode. I love the game cars sound and graphics, but i just cant enjoy. It because of a major bug.

The interior view of game like cockpit view while driving the side mirrors and middle back mirror has continuous texture popin. I have ps4 pro and 4k tv and i did not invest so much money to have such a major annoyance ignored by polyphony. It seems they dnt have fix for it and they just let it be in final game. We wait so many years for a GT and such major lapse in quality is unacceptable.

Drive club Forza these games have no issues. Gt has weird texture popin and i am posting this here as i have been googlin this issue and searched this forum and could not find a single person reporting this. I am shocked how you all are praising graphics of game when such a poor quality bug is existing.

Lol, I wouldn't call this as major bug it's just a very minor graphical flaw. They might improve the LOD distance in the full game because it's too noticable.

I haven't noticed this. I don't know if it's affecting just you, or everyone, but i looked in the mirror during the campaign races, and everything was fine for me. I'll look today with more attention if the demo is still working when i get home.

I haven't noticed this. I don't know if it's affecting just you, or everyone, but i looked in the mirror during the campaign races, and everything was fine for me. I'll look today with more attention if the demo is still working when i get home.

No, mirrors clearly have popups. It is like you are driving ahead of the Langoliers in a Stephen King novel. The world a 1/4 mile behind you is an empty void.

Yes the mirrors have low quality visuals. They are there to show you the rod and cars behind. Trees disappear quickly as do larger objects. It is done deliberately for performance reasons, and i guess its more noticable now because the graphics are so good that the rear view mirror graphics are quite jarring. Some tracks are worse than others.

Lol, I wouldn't call this as major bug it's just a very minor graphical flaw. They might improve the LOD distance in the full game because it's too noticable.
It’s actually a pretty major graphical flaw. The pop out isn’t just slight, it’s harking back to old 16bit games.

So, is this a thread where we share our reasons for buying or not buying the game?

I am buying the game, mainly for two reasons:
1. It looks amazing. I'm shocked by the OP's bashing of the graphics because of a single bug he encountered. I haven't seen that bug myself though so maybe it really is Earth shattering. Perhaps the OP could link to a video where this bug has been recorded?

2. The livery editor looks really good and is something I've been missing for a long time.

Yes the mirrors have low quality visuals. They are there to show you the rod and cars behind. Trees disappear quickly as do larger objects. It is done deliberately for performance reasons, and i guess its more noticable now because the graphics are so good that the rear view mirror graphics are quite jarring. Some tracks are worse than others.

Yes it is deliberate - for performance reasons. That's the point really. So much has been crammed into the title it can't work properly on the platform.

I said this 5 years ago - I would have been very satisfied with GT6 in HD with premium cars and the GT5 track editor and Forza sounds.

I have long ago resigned to the GT franchise handling - I just wish at least 1 title was completed before the next hair brain scheme was embarked on.

I wish Kaz would remake Tourist Trophy for the PS4 in HD.

The game play and game was excellent - it just needed a visual update.

All the "improvements" baked into GTS I honestly do not care for 1 iota.

LOL, Major flaw indeed, they even release update fix for that bug, before anyone gets a change to complain.

"Download" your bug fix from GT(top left corner on main menu)->Options->Display Settings-> [change] Prioritise Quality => Prioritise Frame Rate ==> BUG FIX COMPLETED

Last edited:
It’s actually a pretty major graphical flaw. The pop out isn’t just slight, it’s harking back to old 16bit games.

Righhhtt..
Pop-out in mirrors is a game breaker while the game itself runs at a rock solid frame rate and the graphics are among the best of the current race games.

Just going to say this those games you listed also have that reflection texture de rendering. ITS NOT A BUG ITS A WAY TO SAVE RESOURCES TO HELP THE GAME RUN SMOOTH. Pretty much every single racing game does this, driveclub does it, forza does it, PCARS etc.

Back