Not enough of my friends play racing games

  • Thread starter Thread starter wainwj
  • 8 comments
  • 1,637 views
Messages
157
Messages
wainwj
Messages
Lol, Good Joke!
Basicly, hardly any of my friends play racing games, and the ones that do are rubbish at them.

I LOVE Dirt 2, and I think im pretty good at it, but none of my friends own it for Playstation, so ive never got anyone to play with.

Unless of course I go online and get forced off the track by some wannabe Ken Block.

Online gaming is great, but I love playing online with friends, people that know how to drive properly without being stupid.

So roll on Gran Turismo 5, heres hoping I make some great friends on this site that are real racing game fans, that dont cheat and know how to race!
 
I'm in the same boat.

None of my friends play racing games. They're into fighting/shooting/strategy/Role-playing etc. Basically anything but driving.

I go to my mates maybe every other weekend and we usually just play video games. The only racing game we've ever played is Mariokart Wii, which I used to own at (Blue mushrooms are no substitute for good driving lines etc. :)), which was always a nice change from getting owned when we play other games. However, my mate later sold that game...

He now has a PS3 though, so everytime I go to his from now on i'm going to bring Prologue and force these guys to play it :sly:

Oh wait, I once played Need for Speed Prostreet with one of my mates on his Xbox 360, but he was punting/ramming me all over the road. I would break deep into corners just so I could avoid him hitting me off the track, and this led to me actually losing most of the time. But a game like GT would prove too much for them (If I sneakily set their physics to professional aswell as my own... :sly:)

So basically the reason I joined this community in the first place was because i've noone to really discuss GT with and as its probably my favourite video game series of all time (Except maybe the old Pokemon games on Gameboy...), I really needed something :D With online racing in GT5 I probably won't be leaving this community anytime soon, if anything I will become more involved.
 
Yeah, I get properly owned on games like Modern Warfare 2, but one day round at my mates house, her brother had just got Forza 3 and I played him and his mates for hours and won loads of times, till they started ramming me off the Nurburgring.

Glad ive joined this site, we may have to race sometime when GT5 is out.
 
Thank Jordan for this site. 👍
 
It's certainly easier to make new friends than convert existing. If GT5 is up to the standard we all hope you may find racing becomes as popular as one of the smaller FPS. I remember playing FPS for years, until Modern Warfare came along nobody i knew played online. Now, they're all far too good to play against.

Welcome to GTP.
 
Thanks for the very friendly welcome from everyone!


Thank Jordan for this site. 👍

and as for that *picks up can of Monster Energy* "Cheers Jordan"
 
Welcome Jack :cheers:
A bit confusing about you making this thread and it being moved to the Intro Yerself forum... after making your own Introduction :confused:.

*steals Monster Energy from Jack*
Thanks, I was thirsty :p
hehe... me evil.
 
Back