Not enough suspension travel/body roll?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Driver46
  • 12 comments
  • 2,185 views
Messages
120
Messages
Driver46
Hey guys.
I noticed in replays that the cars don't seem to have much nose dive under braking and not much body roll when cornering.
Comparing the cars to their real life counterparts in pictures and videos and even to GT5Prologue, there is a lot more suspension travel/dive/body roll.
Anyone else notice this or am I too picky? :)
 
No, not too picky at all.

I was wondering about this as well. Since playing GT5, i just dont seem to feel the car nose dive (as you put it) under braking.

I also am finding it hard to tell what kind of car it is im driving, eg FF,FR etc etc. Obviously i do know because i can see the specs of the cars. But if i didnt know that then i doubt i could tell just by driving.

Now in older GT's i could tell whilst driving. I dont know, there just seems to of been some "feeling" lost since GT4.

AA
 
No, not too picky at all.

I was wondering about this as well. Since playing GT5, i just dont seem to feel the car nose dive (as you put it) under braking.

I also am finding it hard to tell what kind of car it is im driving, eg FF,FR etc etc. Obviously i do know because i can see the specs of the cars. But if i didnt know that then i doubt i could tell just by driving.

Now in older GT's i could tell whilst driving. I dont know, there just seems to of been some "feeling" lost since GT4.

AA

I dont think that the feeling has been lost, but it seems inn cockpit view that you the driver moves around a lot, the Nascar is especially immersive, when cornering at limit the entire screen begins shaking and becoming blurry, very cool, and also braking hard really feels like it throws your head into the dash. I agree the replays dont show the car moving around like they have in previous games but still way better movement than FM3.
 
... I agree the replays dont show the car moving around like they have in previous games but still way better movement than FM3.

Pretty much the whole game is better than FM3 in my book. I never liked Forza. Was just wondering why the car movement in replays would change so much from Prologue. It doesn't make for a realistic look and fun replays and messes up good pics in photo mode when the car is turning. I guess I just photograph race cars, they don't roll much anyway ;)
 
It's very noticeable if you're using a premium car , i got a great shot of a Ferrari from a replay while doing a license test , you can see the nose dipping and the weight tranferring to the outside under heavy braking going into a corner , at first i thought that there was something wrong with the camera settings because the rear of the car looked strange in the picture but then i realised it was because of the bodyroll:O
 
It's very noticeable if you're using a premium car , i got a great shot of a Ferrari from a replay while doing a license test , you can see the nose dipping and the weight tranferring to the outside under heavy braking going into a corner , at first i thought that there was something wrong with the camera settings because the rear of the car looked strange in the picture but then i realised it was because of the bodyroll:O

I agree its there, just sayin not as much as it was in Prologue or in real life pics and videos. it's ok though :)
 
I was driving the 69 Vette with stock suspension and I was getting very noticable nose dive, squat and body roll both while driving and on the replay.
 
I was driving the 69 Vette with stock suspension and I was getting very noticable nose dive, squat and body roll both while driving and on the replay.

Ok, thx. So I guess it varies depending on the car. That old Vette should have lots of body roll so I guess it was easier to see than on cars like the 05 Evo IX that I focus on. That one has lots of body roll in real life and in Prologue. Guess they just changed up some things on certain cars for GT5. :)
 
I think its pretty accurate, modern cars (apart from Alfas lol) dont nosedive much. I think its well represented in the game.
 
Apparently (I'm at work, can't check now) brake balance is set to 5:5 stock so that should explain some of the lack of nose dive under braking. Try using more normal settings, like 8:2.
 
Well it seems it's mainly me that sees a lack of suspension travel in replays. I guess I just had to find something to pick on :)
That game is fantastic. I could just do hotlap after hotlap but gotta level up somehow.
 
WTF!!!

with the forcefeedbak you can feel the braking nose dive, the wheelspin etc.. even driving with the normal controller you feel the diference btwn ff fr awd... no point in this thread.

I only would like to see the back wheelie in ff hatbach cars, in corners (like a golf mk1, clio sport in real life) to say gt is very very realistic.

like this
3_wheel_motion_by_necrodh.jpg
 
Last edited:
Have you tested the Citroen 2 CV? If you compare the body reactions from GT5 to the real-life counterpart, you could think that they have built in a racing-type suspension into it in the game, because the car merely rolls even at fullspeed (!) cornering.
 
Back