Not exactly new...

• Thread starter Aldo
  • 3 comments
Australia
Melbourne, Living the dream
Aldo_GTP
Hi there
I have been a member since the 17th of December, 2007, so as you can tell, I am not really new to this site.
1000 posts later (this is my 1000th), I thought I should introduce myself to those of you who don't know much about me.
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
    I found GTPlanet when I was searching for tips for how to improve my driving on GT4 I think.
  • Where are you from?
    I am from a small town called Linlithgow, in Central Scotland!
  • When did you start playing the Gran Turismo games?
    I first started playing when I got my PS1 with GT2. I was pretty useless back then! I have since bought GT3, GT4 on release day, but not GT5:P yet as I haven't had my PS3 long and I am short on cash...
  • Do you play with a steering wheel?
    I got my first wheel, a Thrustmaster one, back in the GT2 days. For GT3 I got another one which sat on my lap with the paddles as the accelerator and brake pedals. Now I am using a lowly Logitech Driving Force EX for the GT Academy demo and some PC racing sims.
  • What other games do you enjoy?
    I enjoy mainly racing games, especially the Colin Mcrae rally games for Ps1/2 (I own them all!). I like the TOCA series as well. I am also a Pro Evolution Soccer fan, despite not really liking football. I enjoy basketball games as I play a bit myself, and I like the Madden series. I have always like skating games like Tony Hawk Pro Skater series. And lastly I love the Virtua Tennis games because I play tennis and can't get enough of it! There are many others that I really can't be bothered writing as well!

I mainly visit the NFS section, the Computer/Console games section, the Rumble Strip and I very occasionally flit into the motorsport section for a browse. I have not been in the GT5 section much because the quality of posts and general volume of posts puts me off 👎
I used to live in the GT4 section though!
Throughout my stay I have met some nice people, big shout to the guys I play Shift with and Modern Warfare 2! They're all a very friendly bunch and a great laugh!
Thanks for skimming through my post.
Allyn :)

a-oh-herro-hello-17.jpg

Back