"Not For Sale" ???

United States
Bastrop, TX
:D Have downloaded a "Save" courtesy of "Der Alta"...Thanx!! Want to "Trade" one of the cars to another memory card, but get a "This Car is not for sale" message. Is there anyway around this??? I have a Sharkport & "MK's" software. Thanx in advance....UB57:D

U would have to load the save into MK's and change the name of the car to any one that is saleable. Then U can change it back after it's been traded.

Here's what you have to do.

load the "I have the car" games save into MK's utility. Click on it (highlight it), and then on the "File" button there is an 'export car' button. Export it.

Next open your current game, on the PS2, and buy the cheapest car you can. Not to worry about which one. Save your game and then sharkport it to your computer.

Load this garage into MK's utility, and you should see the new cheap car in your list. Make sure it is highlighted. Go to 'file', 'import car'. This should bring it into your garage. Go to 'file', and 'write garage'

Then sharkport it back to your PS2. Keep in mind that this will overwrite your existing game. It will come back with everything the same, but I'd suggest making a backup copy of the sharkported current game.

If all else fails, sharkport your current game save, upload it here, and I'll take five minutes to do it.

AO

Yes, that would work, but let's say U are trying to trade it to a friends mem card, and your friend wants the car, but he doesn't want your entire save. If U bring your save into MK's, hilight the car that U can't trade. Let's say it's the 911(966)GT3, click change car, at the bottom of the list that opens check the box that says "base only", and then select the Ruf RGT. This changes the name only to the RGT, and will make it tradeable. The other reason for doing this is that if the car is not tradeable, U also can't sell it, so if U put it on a friends card that doesn't have a sharkport, they will be stuck with it.

One word of caution, if U are using an older version of MK's, the color code will change with the name, so copy the color code before U change the name, so U can paste it back in after. The newer versions of MK's will change the color codes with a body change rather than a name change, and so this is not a problem.

:D My sincere THANX to Der Alta & Heydu. You guys bailed me out, I now have both STRATOS' where I want them. While I was in MKs program I also changed the color on a couple of cars..."SUPER!" Now if I can just find the right sized tires so they don't poke thru the top of the STRATOS' Fenders!!! THANX AGAIN...UB57:D

:D Although I did it, the "Import/export" thing is reallly unneccesary, (I think!!) W/MKs software all I have to do is go in & change any car into a Stratos or whatever I want...NO???:D

Yes U can get the Stratos, or any other car by using the change car function. Of course this will replace what ever car U place it over. It will still not be tradeable, or saleable.

Back