Not gonna lie...

  • Thread starter Thread starter AudiPro
  • 23 comments
  • 2,113 views
The Monkey mobile? - thats awesome!!!
 
You do know that's a TV show prop from the late 60's right? It was used by the band "The Monkees' in a TV show by the same name.
 
congratulations on demonstrating you don't know whack about what you are posting. At least it seems so.
 
That makes me want to punch babies. And I don't want to do that. What a waste.
 
Nothing wrong with the Monkee mobile, especially because what you see is real and its actually putting down some serious hp from what I recall.

The designer is pretty famous and is responsible for most of the rides TV characters drove in back then.
 
A George Barris created car. Probably worth every dime that the seller is asking.

LINK
 
I'd say the GTO in The Walking Dead TV series was more cringe worthy. They wrecked one... Unless it was a clone.
 
They made 82,000 '67 GTO's - customizing one is hardly a crime.
 
I'd say the GTO in The Walking Dead TV series was more cringe worthy. They wrecked one... Unless it was a clone.

It turns into a LeMans right after it hits the spike strips.
 
Wow you're going to shoot down a '60s classic made by the man himself, George Barris? Please do a little more research on the car and the man who built it before you post here.
 
Dean Jeffries made the Monkeemobile, Barris did own one of the show cars later though and restored it.
 
You know you're young when you see an iconic movie car & your first thought is "What a waste".
 
You know you're young when you see an iconic movie car & your first thought is "What a waste".

No, that is just giving a good car a bad name.
 
Slashfan
No, that is just giving a good car a bad name.

Bad name? Because it's used as a custom prop for an awesome show?

Imagine someone in 50 years saying that Bumblebee was a bad idea because it was a waste of a Camaro. Currently we have thousands of the cars, so why wouldn't we use a few to make an entertainment icon? Oh yeah, because some kids who can't be bothered to research before they shoot their mouth won't like it.

EDIT: Can we get a sticky in this forum about making proper thread titles?
 
Last edited:
Bad name? Because it's used as a custom prop for an awesome show?

Imagine someone in 50 years saying that Bumblebee was a bad idea because it was a waste of a Camaro. Currently we have thousands of the cars, so why wouldn't they use a few to make an entertainment icon? Oh yeah, because some kids who can't be bothered to research before they shoot their mouth won't like it.

EDIT: Can we get a sticky in this forum about making proper thread titles?

Agreed.

I wasn't around to see the original show, but I know the car and have no issues with it.
 
Slashfan
No, that is just giving a good car a bad name.

How? It's a TV icon. It's like saying a Gran Torino painted red with white stripes is giving a car a bad name. Or a Lincoln Futura with a jet engine in the back is giving a car a bad name. The car has impact well beyond that of the standard model, and since it's been like that from new, it's hardly like Random Joe has decided to much up a classic.
 
No, that is just giving a good car a bad name.
How old are you? 16?

Exactly my point. Perhaps if you were born in the era that car was made famous, you'd recognize why it's such an iconic car.
 
Bad name? Because it's used as a custom prop for an awesome show?

Imagine someone in 50 years saying that Bumblebee was a bad idea because it was a waste of a Camaro. Currently we have thousands of the cars, so why wouldn't we use a few to make an entertainment icon? Oh yeah, because some kids who can't be bothered to research before they shoot their mouth won't like it.

EDIT: Can we get a sticky in this forum about making proper thread titles?

I couldn't agree more with this post. The Monkeemobile is not a waste at all.
 
I'd rather have the Monkeemobile than a standard GTO.

 
Is it bad that I thought of Shrek (specifically, Donkey) when I heard the song start playing?! :lol:
 
Is it bad that I thought of Shrek (specifically, Donkey) when I heard the song start playing?! :lol:

I always think of the ending of Shrek too.:lol:

And then I think of this:
 
Regardless of who designed it; it's uglier than an actual Monkey.
 
Back